Nokia Siemens Networks' acquisition of most of Motorola's cellular networks business may be the last move in a long game of consolidation in the industry, which has been hammered by price pressures.
Responding to questions from U.S. lawmakers about what kind of location data it collects, Apple said it gathers location information from some users every 12 hours.
To save Apple's iPhone 4 from antenna scrutiny, all it took was the promise of free bumper cases> and a dose of Steve Jobs' magic.
The iPhone 4's antenna and reception problems have given pause to two out of three current iPhone owners, who said they would postpone upgrading to the new model, said research firm IDC.
Apple on Friday quelled concerns on iPhone 4's signal and reception issues, but the company needs to shed its mask of secrecy and be quicker in addressing customer concerns before such issues spiral out of control, analysts said.
Revenue from mobile video services is expected to top US$2 billion worldwide in 2013, according to the latest data from ABI Research.
Apple's flagship iPhone 4 handset will be launched in Australia on Friday, July 30, according to the company's chief executive, Steve Jobs.
HTC is on a roll, producing high-quality and high-demand smartphones left and right. HTC's latest creation -- the HTC Desire HD, an update to its original Desire model -- had its specs leaked by an online U.K. retailer. Looks like it could be another...
Developers at an open source company in Spain are leading an effort to boost PHP application development for Android-based phones.
Google, which broke mobile industry practice last year by offering the Nexus One smartphone for sale exclusively on its website, has received its last shipment of the device for online sale.
Today's Apple press conference was a strange mix of finger pointing, random sales figures and statistics and--surprise!--some actual accountability and solutions for the iPhone 4's antenna woes. At the end of the conference, Apple CEO Steve Jobs fina...
Image is everything. And that's why Apple must terminate the iPhone 4 as quickly as possible.
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Apple's news conference last week on the iPhone 4 antenna and reception fiasco gets an A- grade, but its overall response rates just a C, according to a crisis communications expert.
Complaints and theories about the iPhone 4 reception problems are coming from what seems like every pundit and consumer in the country, and now a senator is getting in on the action.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW