Q: What's the connection between one of the world's top rock and roll performers and a sinking U.S. smartphone maker? A: Venture capital.
Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Microsoft has no plans to bring its newly announced Kin handsets to Asia, despite the large size and relative sophistication of Asian cell-phone markets, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's comment last September that his company had "screwed up" with Windows Mobile had some theorizing that Microsoft's handheld team was in disarray and probably unable to take on the Apple iPhone and other devices.
Opera Mini on the iPhone displays 'tabs' of already-opened pages. Opera Software announced today that Apple had approved its Opera Mini browser for the iPhone and iPod touch, and that the software would be available for download within the next 24 ho...
The first smartphones based on Nvidia's low-power Tegra chips will soon be here, in the form of the new Kin devices announced by Microsoft earlier on Monday.
Palm Inc. is being put up for sale, with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Qatalyst Partners helping the Pre smartphone maker find a buyer, according to a report from Bloomberg.
Hoping to lure the Facebook and Twitter crowds, Microsoft introduced its Kin mobile phones Monday.
Telstra has launched a second smartphone powered by Google's Android operating system, the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10.
Twitter and Research In Motion have released an official application for BlackBerry users to interact with the popular microblogging and social networking site.
Clues uncovered in the iPhone OS 4.0 developer preview released Thursday suggest the next iPhone model may get a front-facing camera and a built-in camera flash.
Nokia on Friday said it will acquire MetaCarta, a privately-held company in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that specializes in finding content for location-aware services.
Apple on Thursday banned developers from using rival programming tools, including one from Adobe that was called an "end-around" last year, to create iPhone and iPad applications.
Responding to a change in the licensing terms for developers building applications for version 4.0 of the iPhone, a technology evangelist for Adobe Systems has told Apple to go perform an anatomically impossible act.
Nokia has launched a version of its Comes With Music download service without digital rights management (DRM) for the Chinese market, the phone manufacturer said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT