Developers of Android applications finally will be able to charge consumers for them, ending a few months of free Android downloads and potentially making Google's mobile platform more attractive to developers.
Smartphones - News
Nokia has announced it will reduce production of mobile phones due to falling demand.
Thousands of Victorian customers have been cut-off from telephony and Internet connectivity as a result of the devastating Victorian bushfires.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
Nokia is closing its R&D site in Jyväskylä, Finland. In the process about 320 employees will be laid off. The company is also making temporary cuts at its production facility in Salo, it announced on Wednesday.
Research In Motion, maker of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, Tuesday warned users of a critical bug that can expose Windows users to attack.
Research In Motion raised its forecast for subscriber additions in the current quarter but warned its profit will come in near the bottom of its previous expectations.
Vodafone and Hutchison Telecommunications have announced an agreement to merge their telecommunications businesses in Australia.
Vodafone has announced it will form a 50-50 joint venture company with rival mobile carrier Hutchison Whampoa, owner of the “3” brand, and offer services under the new name VHA.
While competitors like the Apple iPhone and the budding Google Android platform have garnered a lot of attention lately, Research in Motion (RIM), maker of the ubiquitous BlackBerry smartphone, sees itself as the right choice for businesses, a compan...
Recession. What recession? Research in Motion is pushing on ahead with it local expansion plans by formally opening its new regional headquarters in Sydney to serve customers in Australia and New Zealand. As part of the opening, which featured guests...
A privacy group is calling Google's new mapping application an "unnecessary danger" to users' security and privacy.
HTC has partnered with Optus to release the first mobile phone in Australia based on Google's Android platform, the Dream.
Motorola Tuesday said its mobile phone revenues fell by 51 percent in the fourth quarter of 2008, and said it plans to improve phone sales in 2009 by developing fewer new handsets with a focus on smartphones that run the Android operating system.
Gizmodo reports that Crackulous, an iPhone application that allows pirated apps to run on jailbroken iPhones, was released. As its name might suggest, Crackulous strips the copy protection scheme put in place on iPhone applications purchased from App...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCSenior Support EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC