In a move aimed at consolidating their efforts to support Linux use on mobile phones, the Linux Phone Standards (LiPS) Forum is merging into the LiMo (Linux Mobile) Foundation.
Fujitsu Microelectronics has announced a new mobile WiMAX chipset optimized for mobile WiMAX devices such as smart phones and PDAs. The chipset includes a baseband LSI, MB86K22; an RF LSI, MB86K52; and a power management LSI, MB39C316. These three de...
Telstra opened what it is billing as the largest interactive telecommunications store in Australia in Melbourne today.
Your laptop is likely to soon go the way of 5.25-in. floppy disks, made obsolete by smaller, more useful technology: the smart phone.
Telstra (ASX: TLS) will be offering HTC's Touch Diamond handset, which is being marketed as an 'iPhone killer', next month.
The mystery behind why the new iPhone is so cheap may be solved, with market researcher iSuppli saying it costs just US$173 to make.
Sony and Sony Ericsson have come out on top of the latest Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, although most companies saw their scores drop due to a new ranking system based on wider criteria.
As if "openness" wasn't already the key word of the year for mobile communications, Nokia took the concept a step further Tuesday, announcing plans to create an organization called the Symbian Foundation, which will make the Symbian mobile operating ...
There has been an increase in the number of iPhone users searching for pornography that can be viewed on the device.
Mobile phones designed around Google's Android software may not be available until the fourth quarter of this year, and some companies are struggling to even meet that deadline, the Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing unidentified sources.
The LA Times has accused Apple of ignoring the plight of women with its new 3G iPhone, to be launched on July 11.
Apple's first Australian retail store, which opens Thursday evening, will be the second largest of its 215 stores across the globe, the company revealed today.
Microsoft on Tuesday introduced its first-ever embedded OS for portable devices that use GPS (global positioning system) and maps to get people where they want to go.
Nokia has expanded its family of enterprise phones with the introduction of the E71 and E66, which come at a time when Apple, Research in Motion and Microsoft are trying their best to attract enterprise customers.
The Asia/Pacific region can expect to be home to some 43 million WiMax subscribers by the end of 2013 and to generate estimated revenues of close to $US11 billion at a compound annual growth rate of 45 per cent (2007-2013). However, Australia will on...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC