The users of millions of faulty Samsung Galaxy Note7s face a another potential dilemma: The fate of their personal data on the devices.
Smartphones - News
Samsung sold more smartphones than Apple in Q3 2016, but the Galaxy S7 recall devastated its profits.
It's the first phone with Google's Tango technology, which bakes in a number of augmented reality experiences.
It's the first major update for Google's new messaging service, and it brings a lot that probably should have been there at launch.
You may have a better chance buying the phone directly from Verizon if you're willing to live with a locked bootloader.
It's unlikely that the phone has a major defect given how long it's been on the market, but these latest incidents compound what's already been a major headache for Samsung.
The company is offering Note7 buyers in Korea discounts on the S7 line and a cheaper upgrade to an S8 or Note8.
When it comes to ease of repair, Google's first in-house smartphone is much easier to deal with than its predecessor.
Keep continues to grow into a more comprehensive service for keeping track of all those random thoughts and ideas.
Windows 10 Insider preview build 14951 adds a slew of Camera app tweaks, new Windows Ink tools, and more.
After unveiling a ceramic Apple Watch, Apple has filed a patent for a ceramic iPhone. But there are a few challenges to creating an iPhone out of a material that looks straight out of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
We take the Pixel XL into the lab and square it off against the iPhone 7 Plus, LG V20, and Galaxy S7 Edge.
Incredible hardware, Win32 apps, Continuum: the HP Elite x3 is the first Windows phone your friends are going to envy.
The fallout from the Note 7 debacle, which is expected to take a big chunk out of Samsung’s third-quarter profit, will keep hurting its business into next year, the company said.
The app comes from a Pixel system file dump, so it's unclear at this time if it'll make it to Nexus phones or is just for Google's newest hardware.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- FTPython DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)NSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW