Huawei has developed a prototype smartphone battery that can be recharged to half its capacity in just five minutes.
Complaints made to the TIO is at the lowest level since between 2007 and 2008.
On display in the corner of the Microsoft Store in Sydney are the Lumia 950 and 950XL. Pre-orders can be placed for the smartphones with pricing set at $999 for the 950 and $1129 for the 950XL.
ARM released a new chip design this week that should bring a burst of performance to low-cost smartphones aimed at fast-growing markets like China, India and Brazil.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
Qualcomm says its chips will start appearing in devices next year
A new generation of SatSleeve models means mobile users in regional Australia can have 100% coverage where line of sight to the Optus Thuraya satellite exists, according to Optus.
Popular Chinese smartphone company Oppo is gaining traction in Australia as its phones are sold in almost 1000 retail properties.
The typically tight-lipped leader shares his passion for Project Loon and building the new Alphabet into a company that is entrepreneur-friendly.
The two operating systems will no longer exist as separate entities.
OnePlus also hopes to show its design prowess with this new phone by introducing a new black glass and metal aesthetic.
Huawei consumer business group has revealed its performance results for the third quarter of 2015, indicating steady growth in smartphone shipments. The company said, in a statement, that mid-to-high-end devices accounted for 33 per cent of those shi...
Vodafone has cut the ribbon on its first business centre in New South Wales. The new store, in Parramatta, showcases the company’s business plans, mobile devices and machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions.
Australians will be able to get their hands on Apple's digital wallet, Apple Pay, this year, the company has revealed.
The first smartphones to run Google’s Android 6.0 go on sale at major Australian carriers and retailers next week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD