A new design is making an appearance for some users, though it's unclear at this point how widespread the rollout is.
Smartphones - News
From a new digital assistant to a beefed up camera, Samsung is angling for a major comeback in the new year.
A new Android malware has managed to steal access to more than 1 million Google accounts, and it continues to infect new devices, according to security firm Checkpoint.
A Morgan Stanley estimate says Google should sell another 5 to 6 million next year, though Samsung remains the smartphone sales king.
Huawei appears to be seeking to stake out a central co-ordinating role in the evolution of 5G mobile applications.
Smartphone buyers have a lot to look forward to in 2017. Devices will be thinner, faster, and perhaps a bit more intelligent than you'd like.
The software upgrade gives you two new methods to quickly view notifications or check the time on your home screen.
Hints of x86 software emulation on ARM processors have appeared in Windows 10.
T-Mobile's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge get the latest security patches while the Blu R1 HD adds T-Mobile band 12 and voice over LTE.
Display supply might not meet Apple's demand.
If you plan to buy a premium smartphone next year, here's an important detail: the handset could be equipped with Qualcomm's next-generation Snapdragon 835 chip, which was announced on Thursday.Mob
Google's cross-platform chat app is continues to improve in its bid to lure users from other services.
How the peach emoji got its groove back.
China yesterday signaled that any move to slap steep tariffs on goods imported into the U.S. would lead to retaliation.
The Bolt comes with great-sounding earbuds, and uses carrier aggregation for faster data.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung details 8-point battery safety check for all new devices
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW