Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) is being sued in a Singapore court for its use of the Mio brand name by Mitac International, which sells smart phones and GPS devices under the Mio brand through its Mio Technology unit.
Businesses are planning to boost the deployment of smartphones during the next three years, while laptop deployments will slow dramatically, according to survey of 340 companies in the US and Western Europe.
While Verizon expected the BlackBerry Storm to be a hot-ticket item, it probably didn't anticipate that demand for the device would crash its online ordering portal.
Microsoft faces a tough sell with its latest mobile browser, Internet Explorer 6, since consumers will need to buy more powerful handsets to run it.
The GSM Association and several partners, including Vodafone and Huawei Technologies, plan to promote the use of 3G (third-generation) technology in cameras, cars and other devices that could link to mobile phones.
Nokia and IBM are linking mobile phones to Notes, the companies announced Thursday.
Backed by Huawei Technologies and operators including Telefónica and Vodafone, the GSM Association (GSMA) has launched the Embedded Mobile initiative, aiming to bring down prices of 3G modules that can be embedded in cars, cameras, health monitoring ...
The iPhone does many things well. But this probably isn't one of them.
Phone manufacturers must build NFC (Near Field Communications) functionality into mobile handsets in order to speed adoption of mobile payment systems, the GSM Association said Tuesday.
Vodafone today announced pricing plans for the upcoming BlackBerry Storm, ahead of its launch on 1 December. "Today we announce that we’re bringing the BlackBerry Storm to Australia with a sensational $0 offer with unlimited BlackBerry e-mail and Int...
Google launched a new application for Apple's iPhone that uses voice recognition technology to enter queries in the company's search engine. The free app should be available now from the iPhone's App Store and through iTunes.
Taiwan's largest mobile phone service provider will launch the iPhone 3G in December, a deal that may foretell a launch in China soon.
Mobile phone outfit INQ Mobile, hopes to attract the masses to mobile data with the new INQ1, which comes with built-in support for Facebook, Skype, Last.fm and Windows Live Messenger as well as a low price tag.
Handset makers collectively will sell fewer mobile phones in 2009 than this year, and sales for 2008 will be lower than previously expected, Nokia warned on Friday.
By the first half of 2009, Citrix will make its XenDesktop and XenApp client and server software for remote access to Windows applications available for the iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC