Telco Optus has launched two mobile phone plans that allow unlimited calls on local, national and GSM networks in Australia and thrown in a bit of mobile data access.
Research in Motion patched a critical bug in its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) Friday to stymie hackers hoping to break into company networks by tricking users of the popular smart phone into opening rigged PDFs.
Opera Software Thursday launched the public beta test Opera Mobile 9.5, its full-blown, native Web browser for smartphones.
US Customers looking for an iPhone 3G may have to wait up to a month for Apple to boost its orders with suppliers and refill the pipeline, a Wall Street analyst said Thursday.
Research in Motion has warned users and corporate administrators of a critical vulnerability in a component of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server that could be used to hack their company's computers.
Microsoft is letting more people use its Live Mesh service just days after Apple launched its similar, but broader, MobileMe service.
Amazon is set to release two new models of its popular e-book reader, the Kindle, according to the TechCrunch blog.
Apple took more than three months to patch an iPhone vulnerability, even though it had technical details of the bug and had crafted a fix for Mac OS X, the researcher who reported the flaw said Tuesday.
Apple extended an olive branch to subscribers of its MobileMe online sync service today by apologizing for problems during last week's opening and adding 30 additional days service to all accounts.
Only five days after its official launch, the iPhone 3G has been hacked.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Corp. Monday announced the Palm Treo 800w smart phone, calling it a device most suited for business users and not a direct competitor to the iPhone 3G launched Friday.
Apple patched 13 vulnerabilities in the iPhone and iPod touch last Friday, including several it had fixed in Mac OS X or the Safari Web browser as long ago as March.
Pent-up demand for a faster iPhone, sated starting on Friday when the second-generation 3G phone debuted, will result in a "tsunami" of purchases in the next 90 days, a research firm reported Friday.
Apple started selling its new iPhone 3G Friday, with crowds reported in locations from Tokyo and Europe to New York City, where the new faster phone went on sale at 8 a.m. local time.
With a market size three times bigger than the Internet today, Internet search engines Yahoo! and Google both aim to bring the Internet to about 3.2 billion mobile phone users as compared to the 850 million PC users today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Samsung’s Milk Music goes premium for $4 a month
- Meet Beats Pill+, the first Beats speaker made under Apple
- Existing Windows Phones will start getting Windows 10 in December
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW