Polycom and Telstra have entered a co-branding agreement for Telstra's IP Telephony (TIPT) service.
Regional Australians have finally backed the closure of Telstra's CDMA network, which will be terminated at midnight tonight.
The 3G iPhone will be announced June 9, the likely date of Apple CEO Steve Jobs' keynote at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference, analysts said in research notes.
EBay-owned Skype has released into open beta testing a client for mobile phones that supports phone calls, chat and other features of the popular VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Fennec, the mobile version of the Firefox browser, will simplify and enhance Web browsing on cell phones and usher in an era of intense developer innovation, the chairman of the Mozilla Foundation and of Mozillla Corp. said.
Sun continues to pursue talks with Apple Computer to have Java applications run on Apple's iPhone while acknowledging a third party's efforts toward the same goal.
Google joined a handful of other companies by announcing that it is delivering mobile banner ads.
Acer will likely launch its first smartphone near the end of this year or early next year and it will be a Microsoft-based device, the president of the company said this week.
Linux is expanding its influence outside of the world of smartphones, and is poised to take a significant share of the mid-range mobile phone market as well, according to a new study from ABI Research.
IBM demonstrated technology Monday that improves performance and reduces power consumption on chips used in devices from mobile phones to high-performance servers.
The month has been notable not just for some of the cool new products that will be hitting store shelves soon but for a few interesting prototype products.
Several major Apple resellers have dismissed online rumours which claimed the vendor's popular iPhone could reach Australian users by the end of June.
Opera this week added Google's Android to the list of platforms that can run its mobile browser.
Built for the Chinese market as well as export, the Cool G108 is a 'clamshell'-style watch phone with a 1.5-inch colour LCD display.
Nokia has begun publicly discussing what some are calling the mobile phone maker's biggest product response yet to the Apple iPhone -- a device with the code-name "Tube".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Samsung’s Milk Music goes premium for $4 a month
- Meet Beats Pill+, the first Beats speaker made under Apple
- Existing Windows Phones will start getting Windows 10 in December
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW