The Android handset unveiled by T-Mobile, Google and High Tech Computer (HTC) in New York on Tuesday is only available in English, but will be available in most other languages within the next six months, an indication of how long it will take to rea...
Smartphones - News
Engineers from Google and High Tech Computer (HTC) spent three years developing Android software and handsets before the launch of the G1 by T-Mobile on Tuesday, an executive from HTC said.
Mobile hardware is outpacing software capabilities and the mobile user experience, according to a group of mobile phone technologists speaking at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Among those speaking was Rich Miner, group manager of mobile ...
Sharp is looking to get your engines running. Literally.
AS the industry prepares for the biggest mobile phone release since the iPhone with the Android-based HTC Google phone in the US this week, HTC has remained silent over when the device will be available here instead releasing the Touch Pro through ca...
The first Android phone looks a lot like the fuzzy pictures that have surfaced online for months, with a touch screen similar to the iPhone and a full slide-out keyboard.
Even though three companies hosted the launch event and the software is backed by a consortium, the introduction of the first Android phone made it very clear that Android is about one company: Google.
The new T-Mobile G1 wireless phone, announced Tuesday by T-Mobile USA, Google and HTC, generated attention for its use of the open Android platform, but it will be locked to the T-Mobile USA network and it doesn't appear to be heavily focused on busi...
Open source developer NeoPwn has built what it claims is the first Wi-Fi penetration testing platform to run from a mobile phone.
Vodafone Australia today launched MusicStation, which the company says is Australia’s first unlimited mobile music download service.
Tuesday marks the long-awaited introduction for US customers of the first phone running Google's Android software, but some experts warn phone users not to get their hopes up too high.
A week after Apple rejected his iPhone application and barred it from selling on the App Store, developer Alex Sokirynsky has turned to a little-known, but still Apple-approved, distribution channel to sell his work.
Here it is: the first ever BlackBerry with a touch screen.
T-Mobile USA will become the first company in the world to announce a mobile phone based on Google's Android OS at a New York press conference September 23, the New York Times reports, citing T-Mobile.
Google has been steadily upgrading its Google Maps for mobile applications since 2007 and Wednesday added free walking directions and the ability to find street view imagery on a mobile device, the same as it has made possible with a desktop computer...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW