A hacking contest slated for next month will award cash prizes of $10,000 to anyone who can break into the most popular smartphones, including Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
Suspicious phone conversations on Skype could be targeted for tapping as part of a pan-European crackdown on what law authorities believe is a massive technical loophole in current wiretapping laws, allowing criminals to communicate without fear of b...
The world's largest mobile phone vendor and the biggest cellular chip developer said Tuesday they plan to make 3G (third-generation) mobile devices together for the North American market.
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Microsoft stated emphatically Monday that it would not be building a phone; instead it would roll out services and rely on partners to supply the hardware.
A flock of new mobile devices unveiled this week at Mobile World Congress are part of the trend toward Linux-powered mobility, incorporating the open-source software stack from the LiMo Foundation.
Just as competition is heating up among mobile browsers, Opera may hope to grow its user base through deals with Yahoo and Vodafone.
Skype is developing a VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) software client for Nokia's top-of-the-range N97 smartphone, executives of both companies said Tuesday.
High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled its second Google Android-based smartphone, the HTC Magic, with mobile service provider Vodafone on Tuesday.
An initiative backed by both mobile phone manufacturers and operators will result in a universal charger based on the Micro-USB interface for new mobile phones.
Mozilla has acknowledged that a "showstopper" bug makes the first preview of its browser for Windows Mobile-powered cell phones "bascially useless" to many users.
Acer has jumped head first into the smartphone market with its Tempo family of devices. They are all touch-enabled and based on Windows Mobile, the company announced on Monday.
Samsung launched a whole host of new mobile phones at the Mobile World Congress, but the biggest attraction was the Omnia HD, which can record video in HD resolution and play it on an HD-ready TV.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC