Virgin Mobile USA plans to introduce touch-screen handsets as part of a move into "smarter" phones, the carrier's CEO said Tuesday.
In the wake of Apple Inc.'s preview of iPhone 3.0 software Tuesday, one thing's clear: The level of creativity coming from iPhone developers is amazing.
High Tech Computer (HTC) will ship "at least" three smartphones this year that use Google's Android software, HTC's CEO said Tuesday.
The corner of the Paris Book Fair devoted to e-book readers was larger than last year -- but the most interesting devices were smaller: smartphones running software from two companies aiming to adapt full-page comics and graphic novels to tiny screen...
The average user of an Android-based G1 phone at T-Mobile USA has downloaded more than 40 applications from the Android Market, but the carrier's CTO thinks he can help them find more.
ComScore Monday provided further proof that the mobile device is taking over our wired world. The metrics company says the number of Americans using the mobile Internet has more than doubled in the last year from 10.8 million in January 2008 to 22.4...
The Symbian Foundation plans to release a new version of the operating system every six months, with the first expected to appear in phones at the end of this year.
U2 frontman Bono described Apple's iPod in 2004 as "the most interesting artistic creation in pop since the electric guitar." The band built heavy ties with Apple, appearing live onstage with Steve Jobs and in Apple TV ads performing the hit single "...
Swedish company Mobispine has launched iSendMMS, an application that lets iPhone users send MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages, it said on Friday on the company blog.
Taiwanese smartphone developer High Tech Computer (HTC) plans to launch the HTC Maple in the U.S. next month to coincide with the International CTIA Wireless 2009 exhibition slated to start on April 1.
Apple is expected to preview version 3.0 of its iPhone software this week, prompting speculation that a new iPhone may be in the works for summer release.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
Apple announced Thursday that it will preview a new version of its iPhone software on Tuesday, March 17.
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a way to charge lithium ion batteries in seconds, instead of hours, that could open the door to smaller, faster-charging batteries for cell phones and other devices.
After years of growth, the global market for mobile handsets will contract by about 8 percent this year although smartphones will remain a growth area, according to a new forecast from IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW