Microsoft will introduce an application store with its newest version of Windows Mobile software, it planned to announce at Mobile World Congress, where it also was to formally open a limited beta for its My Phone data backup offering.
Nokia plans to introduce an applications store, initially accessible to about 50 million people, with some innovative social-networking features.
Business travelers will be able to use their BlackBerry smartphones to automatically forward e-mail to their ThinkPad notebook PCs with a US$150 device developed by Lenovo Group and Research in Motion (RIM), the two companies said Monday.
A pair of iPhone developers who sell novelty applications that generate bodily function sound effects are squabbling over the phrase "pull my finger" in US federal court, documents filed last week show.
LG today announced a new flagship mobile phone, the ARENA (KM900).
Hacking an iPhone is against the law, Apple has argued in comments filed with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Sony Ericsson is working on a touchscreen phone with a 12.1-megapixel camera it announced on Sunday, but details on the upcoming Idou device were scarce.
Hewlett-Packard, News Corp.'s MySpace.com division, Bank of America and even Nokia rival Qualcomm have joined the foundation that was formed last year to shepherd the new open-source version of the Symbian mobile operating system.
Developers of Android applications finally will be able to charge consumers for them, ending a few months of free Android downloads and potentially making Google's mobile platform more attractive to developers.
Nokia has announced it will reduce production of mobile phones due to falling demand.
Thousands of Victorian customers have been cut-off from telephony and Internet connectivity as a result of the devastating Victorian bushfires.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
Nokia is closing its R&D site in Jyväskylä, Finland. In the process about 320 employees will be laid off. The company is also making temporary cuts at its production facility in Salo, it announced on Wednesday.
Research In Motion, maker of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, Tuesday warned users of a critical bug that can expose Windows users to attack.
Research In Motion raised its forecast for subscriber additions in the current quarter but warned its profit will come in near the bottom of its previous expectations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC