Virgin Mobile USA plans to introduce touch-screen handsets as part of a move into "smarter" phones, the carrier's CEO said Tuesday.
Smartphones - News
In the wake of Apple Inc.'s preview of iPhone 3.0 software Tuesday, one thing's clear: The level of creativity coming from iPhone developers is amazing.
High Tech Computer (HTC) will ship "at least" three smartphones this year that use Google's Android software, HTC's CEO said Tuesday.
The corner of the Paris Book Fair devoted to e-book readers was larger than last year -- but the most interesting devices were smaller: smartphones running software from two companies aiming to adapt full-page comics and graphic novels to tiny screen...
The average user of an Android-based G1 phone at T-Mobile USA has downloaded more than 40 applications from the Android Market, but the carrier's CTO thinks he can help them find more.
ComScore Monday provided further proof that the mobile device is taking over our wired world. The metrics company says the number of Americans using the mobile Internet has more than doubled in the last year from 10.8 million in January 2008 to 22.4...
The Symbian Foundation plans to release a new version of the operating system every six months, with the first expected to appear in phones at the end of this year.
U2 frontman Bono described Apple's iPod in 2004 as "the most interesting artistic creation in pop since the electric guitar." The band built heavy ties with Apple, appearing live onstage with Steve Jobs and in Apple TV ads performing the hit single "...
Swedish company Mobispine has launched iSendMMS, an application that lets iPhone users send MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages, it said on Friday on the company blog.
Taiwanese smartphone developer High Tech Computer (HTC) plans to launch the HTC Maple in the U.S. next month to coincide with the International CTIA Wireless 2009 exhibition slated to start on April 1.
Apple is expected to preview version 3.0 of its iPhone software this week, prompting speculation that a new iPhone may be in the works for summer release.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
Apple announced Thursday that it will preview a new version of its iPhone software on Tuesday, March 17.
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a way to charge lithium ion batteries in seconds, instead of hours, that could open the door to smaller, faster-charging batteries for cell phones and other devices.
After years of growth, the global market for mobile handsets will contract by about 8 percent this year although smartphones will remain a growth area, according to a new forecast from IDC.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW