Rather than building a Zune-branded smartphone, Microsoft plans to take the software and online store it built for its Zune media player and bring them to your television set in the hopes of emulating Apple's phenomenally successful iTunes Store. But...
Smartphones - News
People who bought an unlocked version of the Android G1 phone are no longer allowed to download new paid applications from the Market, after a change Google made late last week.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
A hacking contest slated for next month will award cash prizes of $10,000 to anyone who can break into the most popular smartphones, including Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
Suspicious phone conversations on Skype could be targeted for tapping as part of a pan-European crackdown on what law authorities believe is a massive technical loophole in current wiretapping laws, allowing criminals to communicate without fear of b...
The world's largest mobile phone vendor and the biggest cellular chip developer said Tuesday they plan to make 3G (third-generation) mobile devices together for the North American market.
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Microsoft stated emphatically Monday that it would not be building a phone; instead it would roll out services and rely on partners to supply the hardware.
A flock of new mobile devices unveiled this week at Mobile World Congress are part of the trend toward Linux-powered mobility, incorporating the open-source software stack from the LiMo Foundation.
Just as competition is heating up among mobile browsers, Opera may hope to grow its user base through deals with Yahoo and Vodafone.
Skype is developing a VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) software client for Nokia's top-of-the-range N97 smartphone, executives of both companies said Tuesday.
High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled its second Google Android-based smartphone, the HTC Magic, with mobile service provider Vodafone on Tuesday.
An initiative backed by both mobile phone manufacturers and operators will result in a universal charger based on the Micro-USB interface for new mobile phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm_27/10_Project CoordinatorACT
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW