Citrix plans to deliver desktop virtualization to the iPhone and other mobile devices next year, a company official said Wednesday.
Smartphones - News
They're back: rumours of an impending Zune phone announcement from Microsoft, this time probably at CES.
Sony Ericsson has joined the Open Handset Alliance, the group of companies, including handset manufacturers and carriers, committed to the Android open mobile platform.
Aussie classifieds icon the Trading Post has announced its entrance into the mobile market with Trading Post Mobile.
Just in time for the end-of-year shopping season, Google is offering an unlocked Android phone, targeted at developers but available to anyone. While the phone might be attractive to consumers and developers alike in the U.S., its price in other coun...
Mobile broadband will move closer to competing with ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) on more equal terms when latency improves and data speeds increase to a theoretical 21M bps (bits per second), according to Peder Ramel, CEO of mobile opera...
New software has been released that turns GPS enabled GSM mobile phones into sophisticated personal tracking devices.
Vodafone Australia today announced that prepaid customers can recharge their credit using PayPal.
Verizon Wireless has released a firmware update for its Research in Motion BlackBerry Storm device. The 126.96.36.199 update is now available via the phone's Desktop Software Manager -- accessible by connecting your phone to your PC and running BlackBerry...
The struggling global economy has taken a toll on worldwide smart phone sales in the third quarter, with sales growth the weakest in four years, according to new data from <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&sear...
After warning less than a month ago that the worldwide handset market would do worse than expected this year and next, Nokia on Thursday revised down its expectations again.
Third-quarter growth in the global smartphone market was its weakest year-on-year since Gartner started tracking the market, but Apple's iPhone stood apart with strong gains.
Research In Motion's preliminary results for its just-concluded fiscal third quarter fell below its earlier forecast, with economic woes and product delays the prime culprits, the company said Wednesday.
Smartphone maker HTC said on Wednesday that it bought San Francisco design firm One &. for an undisclosed sum.
Melbourne company Kogan today announced Australia's first mobile phone to ship with Google's Android operating system. The phone is just the second in the world to have the Android OS preinstalled, after T-Mobile launched the G1 in the US in Septembe...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC