The justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, hearing arguments in a long-running Apple and Samsung patent dispute on Tuesday, seemed to question a 19th-century law that allows huge infringement damages in design patent cases.
Smartphones - News
Samsung has halted all sales of its flagship smartphone, Galaxy Note 7, after several new reports emerged of repaired devices catching fire.
Three ostensibly safe Note7 phones have gone up in flames, begging the question, Is it time to ditch the Note7 entirely and wait for Note8?
Shipments of devices powered by Apple's and Microsoft's operating systems will end 2016 down from the year before, research firm Gartner said this week.
Instead of swapping Hangouts for Allo, Google is apparently more interested in pushing out a better video call experience than a messaging alternative.
The company's investigating whether the unit that caused the evacuation of a Southwest jet was indeed a replacement.
Windows 10 Mobile suffers yet another blow as Lenovo calls Microsoft's long-term smartphone support into question.
It's official: Google's Nexus device lineup is no more, usurped by premium Pixel hardware.
The Pixel's new Quick Switch Adapter provides a quick and easy way to move data from an older iPhone or Android device to your new Pixel phone.
Not ready to throw away your 3.5mm headphones? Here are some adapters that might be able to help.
A new Kickstarter campaign pitching an iPhone 7 adapter that allows users to plug in a set of analog headphones while also charging the phone has already garnered nearly four times its funding goal.
Still on the fence about whether you should upgrade to the iPhone 7? Here's what you should know.
The iPhone 7 just came out, so of course rumors are already swirling about next year's model.
Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW