Computer fraud may be a big problem for banks today, but the telephone is becoming a critical tool for fraudsters, bank executives say.
Smartphones - News
President Barack Obama is due to receive a high-security BlackBerry 8830 soon, a Washington-based newspaper reported Thursday.
Apple removed the controversial "Baby Shaker" application two days after it appeared on the App Store following strong protests from child advocacy groups.
The Wikimedia Foundation has signed a deal with French operator Orange to bring online encyclopedia Wikipedia to mobile phone users in France, the U.K., Spain and Poland.
CTIA, the main industry association for U.S. mobile operators, has put its weight behind an initiative calling for a universal cell-phone charger.
The new Nokia 6216 classic handset, announced Thursday, incorporates support for NFC (Near Field Communication) technology on the SIM card, paving the way for operators to more easily deploy mobile-payment systems.
An Apple executive on Wednesday lashed out against netbooks, calling the small and light laptops unusable.
AT&T Inc. Wednesday said that it activated more than 1.6 million iPhones in the first quarter, one reason the company's net income didn't fall even more than the 9% it reported.
Despite a decline in Mac sales, Apple on Wednesday reported a strong second quarter, driven by iPhone sales.
iPhone apps such as Tweetie may or may not make their creators rich. It's safe to say most iPhone app sellers won't be able to quit their day jobs. But that hasn't stopped both geeks and non-geeks alike from pouring their enthusiasm into thinking up,...
HTC has revealed that its Magic handset, which runs on Google's Android platform, won't be available in the UK until May 5.
AT&T is doubling the download capacity of its HSPA 3G network just before a new iPhone device is expected to launch. The new speeds take AT&T's capacity from 3.6 Mbps to 7.2 Mbps for 3G devices. Called HSPA+, the tweaked network is currently in two t...
The mystery why cybercriminals want a discontinued Nokia phone isn't getting any clearer.
A standards group on Tuesday approved specifications for a new Bluetooth standard that speeds up wireless data transfers between devices like smartphones and laptops.
Out with the old iPhone, in with the new?
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT