Users of the forthcoming Windows Marketplace for Mobile will be able to return applications within 24 hours, and they'll finally get an official Facebook app.
Smartphones - News
The four major U.S. mobile operators have agreed to align their mobile marketing practices with a set of guidelines to be worked out with the Mobile Marketing Association, a move the industry group said will lead to a more consistent user experience ...
Telstra today announced the opening of 37 new business centres across Australia, which the telco claims will help small to medium enterprises (SMEs) become more efficient.
Skype is set to launch a mobile application for the iPhone on Tuesday, a long-awaited entry to Apple's App Store, and one for BlackBerry devices in May, Skype officials have confirmed.
Netherlands-based MVNO Lebara Mobile has partnered with Vodafone Australia to launch a new prepaid mobile SIM card service for local and international calls in the Australian market.
Mobile phones and PDAs may be loaded with more gadgets and gigabytes than ever, but a mountain of mobiles that adjusted for daylight savings a week early proved they can still be foiled by the tick of a clock.
Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc. announced a beta version of a free e-reader for BlackBerry devices that allows users to purchase e-books much as they already can via the iPhone and other smartphones.
Michael Dell gave the strongest hint to-date that his company is developing a mobile Internet device or smartphone at a speech in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Apple's mobile-device user interface has made it so much easier to access the Internet compared to other mobile devices that its iPod Touch, which isn't even a mobile phone, beats out all mobile phones except the iPhone in terms of volume of Internet...
The cost of calling, texting and accessing the Internet via mobile phones while abroad is about to get cheaper for European residents, following an agreement Tuesday among lawmakers over the shape of a new mobile roaming law.
Toshiba will begin selling its first direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) battery chargers later than expected after it ran into problems securing certain components for them, it said Monday.
Did software engineer Hanjuan Jin, who worked at Motorola for about eight years, steal thousands of confidential and proprietary technical documents to share with competitor Lemko and the People's Republic of China?
Palm reported a continued steep decline in its smartphone revenues for the quarter ending Feb. 27, as it nears the launch of the anticipated Palm Pre with Sprint.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT