Remember the days Nokia reigned as mobile King? Much time has passed since then, but now the Microsoft-owned company is readying for a comeback with its Lumia 930, the first Nokia flagship to have a quad-core CPU, run Windows Phone 8.1 and come with ...
The beauty of the Lumia 635 is someone with a flagship smartphone could pick this little Nokia up and still have all their needs met.
Xiaomi has quickly grown to prominence in the world’s biggest smartphone market by delivering powerful devices at a bang-for-buck price. The company’s flagship Mi3 is now available from a local reseller for $455, but is this newcomer, with its top-sh...
The Xperia M2 is instantly recognisable as a Sony smartphone. Much of its DNA is a carbon copy of Sony’s famed Xperia range, but the fine details that make company’s premium smartphones desirable is missing. Thick bezels make it look dated, and the s...
The Desire 816 is HTC’s attempt to make a smartphone for people who love music and movies. Multimedia has necessitated the need for a large screen, wicked speakers and a high resolution camera, and all of it is on offer for less that $400.
Multimedia enthusiasts will appreciate the T2 Ultra most. The smartphone has an almost-ostentatious screen at 6-inches. Sony’s recognisable design language is at work: flat facades, a coat of glass, a bespoke power button and a touch of black. But ma...
World number 3 smartphone brand Huawei is looking to command the budget smartphone market with the Ascend G6, a quad-core flagship slayer that has a low $329 price.
ZTE has sold 80 different devices in Australia since 2005, but the V969 is the first smartphone to wear the company’s brand. The 5.5in Android smartphone accommodates two SIM cards and is conservatively styled with its gloss white casing and silver e...
Simple music, that’s what Sony’s SRS-X5 is about. The speaker uses Bluetooth technology for the wireless playback of music, while NFC technology enables pairing with the tap of a smartphone or tablet.
Sony’s Xperia Z2 is a genuine threat to the flagships from Apple, HTC and Samsung. The camera has 20 megapixels, the screen is Full HD and the smartphone can take on more water than any other flagship. But are these features enough to make the Z2 sta...
The NX-P100 is Yamaha's contribution to the Bluetooth speaker market. Packed into a tiny enclosure is a variety of audio and connectivity features, but is it good enough to warrant a $199 price?
The ceremony of unpacking the Motorola Moto X ends with an anti-climax. Flavoured custom casing is meant to make this smartphone appear unique, but that luxury is reserved for people in the United States. What we ended up with was a seemingly ordinar...
The original Galaxy S was a rare case of getting everything right: speed, ease of use, beauty. For Samsung, the Galaxy S was where the magic first happened. Now, the company is trying to make some more with the Galaxy S5.
With devices such as the Fitbit growing in popularity, there seems to be a convergence between health and technology taking place. At the same time, smart watches such as the Galaxy Gear are starting to show up. GPS manufacturer Magellan aims to merg...
HTC's latest flagship is available in retail shops from today. The 5in KitKat smartphone is ripe with improvements and innovations, but has HTC laboured enough on the things that matter to make the One M8 the best smartphone yet?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Not all Lumia smartphones will get an upgrade to Windows 10
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC