Apple is taking the fight to Samsung with its first large screen smartphone, the inimitable iPhone 6 Plus. It brings Apple’s famed iOS 8 software to a vibrant 5.5-inch screen, but we fear somewhere along the way the iPhone lost its magic.
Rivals usurping market share have pushed Apple to dig deep and do something it's only done once in seven years: increase the size of its iPhone's screen. Even with the face lift, the iPhone introduces nothing new to the smartphone market and little e...
Here lies to the follow up to Motorola’s most successful smartphone ever, the second generation Moto G. Time has seen the smartphone grow half an inch in screen size, gain higher resolution cameras and house stereo speakers. Do these changes make a g...
The task ahead of HTC’s One Mini 2 is borderline insurmountable. The smartphone is charged with making the technology found in HTC’s flagship One (M8) available in a pocketable 4.5-inch form factor. The miniature smartphone has big shoes to fill as t...
Australian newcomer Oppo may have made the best smartphone yet with the Find 7.
Often we use the word “inexpensive” to describe smartphones that are kind to your wallet. The Desire 610 doesn’t warrant the euphemistic term; this smartphone looks cheap, feels cheap and worst of all, is not that cheap.
Huawei’s Ascend P7 is fit to take on Samsung, Sony, HTC and Apple; whether or not it will come out on top is another question entirely.
Kogan claims the Agora 4G is the cheapest 4G smartphone around, and at $229, it's hard to contend. Sacrifices have been made to keep this smartphone's price down. The question is: are they deal-breakers?
Good budget smartphones meet your everyday needs when you’re used to using phones of a flagship caliber. We were using the LG G3 - arguably the most advanced smartphone on the market - prior to testing the Moto E. Stark differences set the two smartp...
Amazon's Fire Phone is really solid, maybe even great. But unless it's your first smartphone, it might be hard to switch from a more mature platform like Android or iOS. You'd have to be really committed to the Amazon ecosystem--the type who already ...
Commotion surrounds a new Chinese manufacturer called OnePlus and its first smartphone, the One. The promise of top-tier hardware for bottom dollar has the internet ablaze, and big guns Samsung, Apple and HTC paying attention.
LG is readying the local release of its best smartphone to date, the G3, right when hysteria for the Galaxy S5 has tired. Innovations include a 1440p screen, a laser autofocus camera and worthwhile software add-ons, but is the G3 good enough to push ...
OnePlus has the smartphone elite in its sights with the price-savvy One. The 5.5in smartphone throws together top-tier hardware with software from professional modders CyanogenMod into one of the best bodies we've seen in 2014.
Remember the days Nokia reigned as mobile King? Much time has passed since then, but now the Microsoft-owned company is readying for a comeback with its Lumia 930, the first Nokia flagship to have a quad-core CPU, run Windows Phone 8.1 and come with ...
The beauty of the Lumia 635 is someone with a flagship smartphone could pick this little Nokia up and still have all their needs met.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW