Nokia may be well behind the likes of Apple and Google when it comes to smartphone sales, but the Finnish giant's woes are certainly not due to a lack of handsets. Its latest effort is the Lumia 625, a low-cost Windows Phone with a large 4.7in screen...
The latest smartphones continue to get bigger and bigger, but not everyone wants to carry around a behemoth in their pocket. This seems to be the idea behind the new HTC One mini, a compact version of the flagship HTC One.
The LG Optimus F5 is a mid-range 4G handset that has a competitive price tag. It provides plenty of bang for your buck thanks to a pleasing design, reasonable performance, and largely intuitive software.
Huawei claims its latest Android smartphone offers the fastest download speeds in the world. The Ascend P2, dubbed the "world's fastest 4G LTE smartphone", supports download speeds of up to 150Mbps but requires your mobile network to come to the part...
After a wealth of leaks, Nokia has officially unveiled one of the worst kept secrets: the Lumia 1020 Windows Phone. The flagship smartphone comes with a 41-megapixel PureView camera, building on the technology first seen on last year's 808 PureView.
Sony's new Xperia Z Ultra is yet another Android phone that blurs the line between a phone and a tablet. The company claims the 6.4in smartphone is the world's slimmest with a full HD display, measuring just 6.5mm thick.
Huawei is claiming its new Ascend P6 is the "world's slimmest smartphone". It's has a metallic body and comes with an "industry leading" 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Sony is clearly aiming to have an Android phone at every price point and its latest effort is the Xperia M. This is a budget-conscious smartphone that's likely to have a very competitive price tag when it officially hits the shelves in the coming mon...
Large smartphones seem to be as popular as ever and ASUS has just jumped into the game with the Fonepad Note FHD 6. It's a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
After weeks of rumours, leaked images and videos, Samsung has officially announced the world's worst kept secret: the Galaxy S4 Active smartphone. It's a rugged version of the Galaxy S4 that's water and dust-resistant.
Twelve South's SurfacePad is a sleek and elegant looking cover for your iPhone 5 that doubles as a stand. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much going for it apart from looks--it fell apart on me relatively quickly, and provides little to no protection ...
4G smartphones are still in their relative infancy in Australia and are mostly restricted to high-end handsets. LG is aiming to change this with the Optimus F5, a mid-range 4G handset with a competitive price tag.
The Oppo Find 5 is a high-end Android phone with an excellent display and solid build quality, but it's let down by questionable ergonomics, a lack of 4G, some odd software quirks and poor battery life.
HTC has focussed most of its energy on the flagship One smartphone, but the diversity of Android makes the mid-range market a critical component, too. The dual-SIM capable HTC Desire 600 aims to serve this market by bringing some features from the On...
Sony's flagship Xperia Z is one of 2013's most impressive smartphones but can Sony repeat those heroics in the mid-range market segment? It's attempting to do so with the Xperia SP, a relatively inexpensive phone that boasts an aluminium frame, a 4.6...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge: On sale in Australia April 10 from $999
- Telstra readies for Galaxy S6 launch with bonus data and bundled Presto
- Tech from Sony, JBL packed into Alcatel OneTouch's sub-$300 flagship
- Android NFC payments switched on at Commonwealth Bank
- Fujitsu's thin heat pipe could let smartphone chips run cooler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW