The Desire 816 is HTC’s attempt to make a smartphone for people who love music and movies. Multimedia has necessitated the need for a large screen, wicked speakers and a high resolution camera, and all of it is on offer for less that $400.
Multimedia enthusiasts will appreciate the T2 Ultra most. The smartphone has an almost-ostentatious screen at 6-inches. Sony’s recognisable design language is at work: flat facades, a coat of glass, a bespoke power button and a touch of black. But ma...
World number 3 smartphone brand Huawei is looking to command the budget smartphone market with the Ascend G6, a quad-core flagship slayer that has a low $329 price.
ZTE has sold 80 different devices in Australia since 2005, but the V969 is the first smartphone to wear the company’s brand. The 5.5in Android smartphone accommodates two SIM cards and is conservatively styled with its gloss white casing and silver e...
Simple music, that’s what Sony’s SRS-X5 is about. The speaker uses Bluetooth technology for the wireless playback of music, while NFC technology enables pairing with the tap of a smartphone or tablet.
Sony’s Xperia Z2 is a genuine threat to the flagships from Apple, HTC and Samsung. The camera has 20 megapixels, the screen is Full HD and the smartphone can take on more water than any other flagship. But are these features enough to make the Z2 sta...
The NX-P100 is Yamaha's contribution to the Bluetooth speaker market. Packed into a tiny enclosure is a variety of audio and connectivity features, but is it good enough to warrant a $199 price?
The ceremony of unpacking the Motorola Moto X ends with an anti-climax. Flavoured custom casing is meant to make this smartphone appear unique, but that luxury is reserved for people in the United States. What we ended up with was a seemingly ordinar...
The original Galaxy S was a rare case of getting everything right: speed, ease of use, beauty. For Samsung, the Galaxy S was where the magic first happened. Now, the company is trying to make some more with the Galaxy S5.
With devices such as the Fitbit growing in popularity, there seems to be a convergence between health and technology taking place. At the same time, smart watches such as the Galaxy Gear are starting to show up. GPS manufacturer Magellan aims to merg...
HTC's latest flagship is available in retail shops from today. The 5in KitKat smartphone is ripe with improvements and innovations, but has HTC laboured enough on the things that matter to make the One M8 the best smartphone yet?
HTC has taken the wraps off its new One M8 flagship. The follow up to the award winning One M7 introduces innovations to the camera, improvements to already impressive audio and a metal body that brings a premium feel to an Android smartphone.
The Xperia Z1 was hailed as “the best of Sony in a smartphone”. Now the best of Sony is available in a smaller body and for a lot less with the new Z1 Compact. All of the features that make Sony flagships special are here, but with a little something...
UE's Mini Boom produces voluminous sound from a good looking, highly functional and portable body. Two speakers can be paired to form a modular stereo image, and the inclusion of NFC takes the fuss out of Bluetooth pairing.
Hard yakka men who are in need of a rugged smartphone will appreciate the RugGear RG970. It’s an Android tough device designed from the chassis up to withstand the kind of elements that would render everyday smartphones useless.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW