In the middle of groundbreaking announcements from the likes of Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung, LG has so far been fairly quiet at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
MWC is the premier global event for the mobile phone industry. Here's the latest in mobile innovations, from Barcelona this week.
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 smartphone, the company's first handset to run Google's Android operating system, was announced well before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, for many people MWC was the first chance to get some one on one time with the phone.
Samsung's GT-S8500 Wave at Mobile World Congress
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Bell Canada is claiming the Vancouver 2010 Olympic network as the first IP-based converged network at any Olympic or Paralympic Games.
True BlackBerry lovers, or "CrackBerry" addicts, if you will, can never have too many BlackBerry apps
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Even though the market for Android apps is still emerging, there are a number of good programs for business users.
Heading back to school or university? Need a new mobile phone, but don't want to break the bank? Find the best prepaid mobile deal!
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Christmas may be over, but that doesn't mean the savings are. With students shortly heading back to school, there are plenty of bargains to be found. We round up some of the best of the week, including dirt cheap mobile broadband, Google's first smartphone and a great ASUS notebook!
Our favourite apps from the past year
While the frivolous iPhone apps usually get most of the media attention (yes, there really are over 175 apps that can produce rude bodily noises), there are quite a few apps that can help you do your job as an IT worker. While less notorious, they are worth your time to download and check out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD