We managed to get our hands on the all-new iPhone 3G from Apple
Sony Ericsson's latest addition to its Cyber-shot mobile phone range sees a leap forward in camera phone technology. The C905 Cyber-shot is not only the first slide-design phone in the Cyber-shot range, it's also one of the first mobile devices to integrate an 8.1-megapixel camera. For the first time, mobile phones offer a real alternative to a compact digital camera. The phone features a Xenon flash, face-detection technology, smart contrast and an image stabiliser. The inclusion of a GPS receiver allows users to geotag their photos, ensuring they can be categorised and shared easily. The C905 is expected in Q4 2008.
Nokia recently announced two new phones for its business-focused E series, the E71 and E66.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Soon to be joining LG's Touch Series, which currently includes the PRADA (KE850) and Viewty (KU990) models, the KF700 is a touch-screen handset with a slide-out keypad. It also features a three-megapixel camera, MP3 playback capabilities, Bluetooth and expandable memory. Check out the latest images of this hot new handset!
The announcement of the 3G iPhone by Apple head honcho Steve Jobs this week was pasted across pretty much every news outlet in town. From TV to online few other products have received so much publicity in the history of IT. But amongst all the hype it's easy to forget there are plenty of top-notch competitors already on the market and about to be launched. Here is a small selection of contenders to the 3G iPhone - which should be arriving on July 11 on Australian shores through Vodafone and Optus
Apple Inc. announced the latest iteration of its mobile phone, the iPhone 3G.
The much anticipated Raphael prototype from HTC was finally unveiled yesterday as the Touch Pro. With a design similar to the recently announced Touch Diamond, the Touch Pro adds a fully functional QWERTY keyboard.
Coming off the back of the popular Supertooth Light, BlueAnt's latest hands-free speakerphone is the Supertooth 3. Boasting a range of features including voice prompts, caller ID and text-to-speech technology, the Supertooth 3 will be available in Telstra stores from June 2 and available at other retailers Australia-wide in mid to late June.
iPhones, broadband and gamers give reason for economic hope.
It's been a little quiet on the Motorola front since the launch of the now iconic MOTORAZR2. Rest assured, however, the company haven't slipped off the radar: it's planning a multitude of releases in Q2 and Q3 of 2008. Among these are the E8, the U9 and a special edition of the MOTORAZR2, the V9 Antique Rose. Check out the latest images of these handsets in our slideshow!
HTC has added another member to the Touch family of smartphones: the Touch Diamond. Although it has some design similarities to the HTC-designed Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1, HTC has given its latest flagship smartphone an even smaller footprint. The phone incorporates HTC's TouchFlo 3D interface, built on top of Windows Mobile 6.1. It also features a 3.2-megapixel camera. It also has a Web browser capable of rendering pages like a normal desktop browser would, allowing the Touch Diamond to take full advantage of HSDPA and HSUPA connectivity. The addition of A-GPS caps off the phone; Google Maps provides the user with complete mapping capabilities.
Nokia Australia has recently unveiled a trio of mobile phones — the Nokia 6600 Fold, the Nokia 6600 Slide and the Nokia 3600 Slide.
As consumer demand for GPS increases, many mobile makers are squeezing satellite navigation into their devices. Check out these 10 new GPS smart phones.
Built for the Chinese market as well as export, the Cool G108 is a 'clamshell'-style watch phone with a 1.5-inch colour LCD display.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC