Some lesser-known facts about Google's mobile OS
Smartphones - Slideshows
LG's flagship Optimus G Android phone has finally arrived in Australia after a lengthy delay. We've just got our hands on a review unit following the official launch of the device in Sydney.
We've just got our hands on Kogan's latest low-cost Android smartphone, the dual-SIM Agora. With a price of just $149 it's a very good value proposition on paper.
Even though Samsung’s highly anticipated Galaxy S4 announcement never happened, there were many notable Android-related announcements at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last week.
It's a new era for BlackBerry. The company has a new name, a new mobile operating system and two new smartphones. The first is the BlackBerry Z10 and we've got our hands on a review unit a little early.
World’s biggest mobile show boasts LTE phones, Android tablets, Gigabit Wi-Fi, Firefox OS and more
Smartphones, smart chips, mobile browsers and augmented reality will be reality at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Android 4.2 lets you put widgets on your lock screen -- so which apps make the most of the feature?
The Taiwanese company’s hoping to make a splash with the HTC One, its highest-profile release in years.
No money? Need entertainment? No problem.
Our initial glimpse at RIM's (er, make that BlackBerry's) attempt to claw its way back into the smartphone market
From cloud management to remote tech support to database administration, these apps have your IT needs covered
Google has finally released its long-awaited Maps application for iOS.
Highlights and lowlights from the Google Play Store’s “trending” section, fast-moving freebies and more.
If you've been using Rdio for a while on your Apple or Android smartphone, check for an update -- because you're in for a treat. The new Rdio app, now at version 2.0.0, gives mobile devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Android tablets and smartphones, the same clean look and feel that the recently-revitalised Web interface has.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Government - SydneyNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA