We take a first look at the HTC Windows Phone 8X.
Smartphones - Slideshows
With the fifth anniversary of the Google Android operating system’s release quickly approaching, we look back on the platform’s rise from also-ran to market leader.
The Australian launch of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 was a disappointment to most journalists looking for nitty gritty details on the company's new mobile operating system, especially from a business point of view.
Googles LG-made Nexus is a powerhouse. Here's a first look at the latest entry in the company's Nexus line.
Windows Phone 8 was launched in Sydney at Blu Bar on 36 in the Shangri-La Hotel overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Microsoft's Ben Miller, Megan Howard and Brett Murray led the event. Representatives of Samsung, Nokia and HTC, all unveiled their versions of Windows Phone 8, a few of which could be seen at the launch. However, as release dates varied from mid-November to early December, there wasn't much on hand. While some of the speakers professed to be 'excited' by the new phone, excitement wasn't really the word to describe what the assembled media agreed was, at best, a low-key launch. The phones themselves look good but as you couldn't get your hands on one it's hard to tell. More to come in the future on that front when we finally get to test them.
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
The iPhone 5 is here, so it’s time to start loading it up with apps.
We take a first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Motorola has officially unveiled its RAZR HD and RAZR M smartphones in Australia.
Hate having to record your expenditures for the IRS or your company's accounting department? These iPhone and Android apps can make it easier to track expenses.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
We go hands-on with the Apple iPhone 5.
Apple's iPhone 5 went on sale across Australia this morning, and here's what the queues looked like.
Apple fanboys/fangirls line up at Apple Stores from NYC to Tokyo
Although the new OS for the iPad and iPhone is largely a collection of refinements, users will still want it
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWorkbrain Functional ExpertNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA