If you've been using Rdio for a while on your Apple or Android smartphone, check for an update -- because you're in for a treat. The new Rdio app, now at version 2.0.0, gives mobile devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Android tablets and smartphones, the same clean look and feel that the recently-revitalised Web interface has.
Smartphones - Slideshows
We take a first look at the HTC Windows Phone 8X.
With the fifth anniversary of the Google Android operating system’s release quickly approaching, we look back on the platform’s rise from also-ran to market leader.
The Australian launch of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 was a disappointment to most journalists looking for nitty gritty details on the company's new mobile operating system, especially from a business point of view.
Googles LG-made Nexus is a powerhouse. Here's a first look at the latest entry in the company's Nexus line.
Windows Phone 8 was launched in Sydney at Blu Bar on 36 in the Shangri-La Hotel overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Microsoft's Ben Miller, Megan Howard and Brett Murray led the event. Representatives of Samsung, Nokia and HTC, all unveiled their versions of Windows Phone 8, a few of which could be seen at the launch. However, as release dates varied from mid-November to early December, there wasn't much on hand. While some of the speakers professed to be 'excited' by the new phone, excitement wasn't really the word to describe what the assembled media agreed was, at best, a low-key launch. The phones themselves look good but as you couldn't get your hands on one it's hard to tell. More to come in the future on that front when we finally get to test them.
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
The iPhone 5 is here, so it’s time to start loading it up with apps.
We take a first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Motorola has officially unveiled its RAZR HD and RAZR M smartphones in Australia.
Hate having to record your expenditures for the IRS or your company's accounting department? These iPhone and Android apps can make it easier to track expenses.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
We go hands-on with the Apple iPhone 5.
Apple's iPhone 5 went on sale across Australia this morning, and here's what the queues looked like.
Apple fanboys/fangirls line up at Apple Stores from NYC to Tokyo
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC