With the fifth anniversary of the Google Android operating system’s release quickly approaching, we look back on the platform’s rise from also-ran to market leader.
The Australian launch of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 was a disappointment to most journalists looking for nitty gritty details on the company's new mobile operating system, especially from a business point of view.
Googles LG-made Nexus is a powerhouse. Here's a first look at the latest entry in the company's Nexus line.
Windows Phone 8 was launched in Sydney at Blu Bar on 36 in the Shangri-La Hotel overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Microsoft's Ben Miller, Megan Howard and Brett Murray led the event. Representatives of Samsung, Nokia and HTC, all unveiled their versions of Windows Phone 8, a few of which could be seen at the launch. However, as release dates varied from mid-November to early December, there wasn't much on hand. While some of the speakers professed to be 'excited' by the new phone, excitement wasn't really the word to describe what the assembled media agreed was, at best, a low-key launch. The phones themselves look good but as you couldn't get your hands on one it's hard to tell. More to come in the future on that front when we finally get to test them.
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
The iPhone 5 is here, so it’s time to start loading it up with apps.
We take a first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Motorola has officially unveiled its RAZR HD and RAZR M smartphones in Australia.
Hate having to record your expenditures for the IRS or your company's accounting department? These iPhone and Android apps can make it easier to track expenses.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
We go hands-on with the Apple iPhone 5.
Apple's iPhone 5 went on sale across Australia this morning, and here's what the queues looked like.
Apple fanboys/fangirls line up at Apple Stores from NYC to Tokyo
Although the new OS for the iPad and iPhone is largely a collection of refinements, users will still want it
Apple iPhone 5 is longer and thinner, more powerful, and boasts LTE
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities; lays off 1850 staff
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA