If you've been using Rdio for a while on your Apple or Android smartphone, check for an update -- because you're in for a treat. The new Rdio app, now at version 2.0.0, gives mobile devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Android tablets and smartphones, the same clean look and feel that the recently-revitalised Web interface has.
Smartphones - Slideshows
We take a first look at the HTC Windows Phone 8X.
With the fifth anniversary of the Google Android operating system’s release quickly approaching, we look back on the platform’s rise from also-ran to market leader.
The Australian launch of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 was a disappointment to most journalists looking for nitty gritty details on the company's new mobile operating system, especially from a business point of view.
Googles LG-made Nexus is a powerhouse. Here's a first look at the latest entry in the company's Nexus line.
Windows Phone 8 was launched in Sydney at Blu Bar on 36 in the Shangri-La Hotel overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Microsoft's Ben Miller, Megan Howard and Brett Murray led the event. Representatives of Samsung, Nokia and HTC, all unveiled their versions of Windows Phone 8, a few of which could be seen at the launch. However, as release dates varied from mid-November to early December, there wasn't much on hand. While some of the speakers professed to be 'excited' by the new phone, excitement wasn't really the word to describe what the assembled media agreed was, at best, a low-key launch. The phones themselves look good but as you couldn't get your hands on one it's hard to tell. More to come in the future on that front when we finally get to test them.
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
The iPhone 5 is here, so it’s time to start loading it up with apps.
We take a first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Motorola has officially unveiled its RAZR HD and RAZR M smartphones in Australia.
Hate having to record your expenditures for the IRS or your company's accounting department? These iPhone and Android apps can make it easier to track expenses.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
We go hands-on with the Apple iPhone 5.
Apple's iPhone 5 went on sale across Australia this morning, and here's what the queues looked like.
Apple fanboys/fangirls line up at Apple Stores from NYC to Tokyo
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD