Desktop monitors are undergoing a renaissance.
Monitors - Reviews
Extra wide monitors such as LG's 34UM67 are a blessing for those of us who love to spread our work out across the screen. There is enough space on this 34-inch, IPS-based (in-plane switching) monitor to not only line up two windows side by side, but ...
Viewsonic’s VX2363SMHL (VX63) monitor is a 23in LED-backlit LCD monitor with a slim and lightweight design. It has a Full HD resolution and a response time of 2ms, and it’s aimed primarily at those of you who want an inexpensive screen for everyday, ...
AOC's 27in, 77F Series monitor has a thin frame and base that combine to give the screen an elegance that is not often seen in the sub-$400 price category. More importantly, though, it contains a modern IPS-based panel that can provide crisp, vibrant...
The big deal about Viewsonic's new VX2452mh monitor is that it's meant to be flicker-free, regardless of the brightness level that you use. The company touts it as being easy on the eyes for all types of tasks, whether you're using it for gaming, or ...
Sharp is no stranger to making high-quality displays, and with the PN-K322B, the company has a 4K, ultra-high definition LCD touchscreen that's aimed at the business sector. It comes in a size of 32 inches and it has a resolution of 3840x2160 pixels....
Acer's 29in ultra-widescreen monitor is part of a new breed of monitors that's slightly different from the norm. Rather than offering a traditional 16:9 aspect ratio, the Acer B296CL offers a wider 21:9 ratio, which not only suits most movies a lot b...
LG's latest range of monitors is designed to give you an expanded view of your desktop, as well as make movies fit your screen better. Rather than having a standard widescreen ratio of 16:9 and offering a 1920x1080-pixel resolution, monitors such as ...
Samsung’s Series 9 (S27B970) monitor is the best we've seen in 2013, and uses the company’s own PLS tech for incredibly vibrant colour and excellent viewing angles. It looks great, works well and is almost TV-like in its built-in features.
Samsung has been one of the driving forces in the take-up of LED TVs around the world. It has a long history of making some of the best LCD panels, with some of the best back-lighting technology available. This tech isn’t just restricted to the compa...
BenQ monitors generally sit at the low- to mid-point of the LCD market. They’re usually attractively priced, tending towards smaller sizes and simpler designs to stay competitive. This means the RL2450H is one of the larger BenQ monitors available, b...
Using Windows 8 without a touchscreen means you don’t get to experience the new operating system in the way that it was intended. If you’ve just bought a new PC or non-touch laptop and now you want to add touch capability, you can consider a monitor ...
The ASUS PB278Q is a 27-inch computer monitor with a high-end panel and few unnecessary frills. It’s targeted at professionals -- who want its factory-preset colour accuracy and wide-gamut PLS panel — and gamers -- who want its low latency and ...
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan is one of Australia’s tech success stories. It’s brought out a number of tech products, like TVs and digital radios, that are cheaper than the big brands without sacrificing quality.
If you’re looking to buy a new monitor these days, you’d be mad not to purchase one that’s at least 24 inches in size. What used to be an unreasonably large LCD monitor is now mainstream, and 27-inch screens are now surprisingly affordable.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW