The 14in, $170 Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 monitor provides a simple, one-cable option for adding a second display to your setup. A second monitor is useful for many reasons, and whether you just want more screen real estate on your already-crowded des...
Monitors - Reviews
The Samsung Series 8 (S27A850T) is a 27in LED edge-lit LCD monitor using Samsung’s proprietary PLS panel tech. This monitor may be expensive at $1099, but its image quality is impressive. Power users and design professionals -- the monitor’s target m...
Dell’s S2330MX is a very slim, reasonably cheap 23in LCD monitor. Its slim design does mean the stand is a bit flimsy and it’s not very adjustable, but if your needs are basic then it’s a perfectly capable monitor.
The ViewSonic VX2753mh-LED is a 27in LED edge-lit computer monitor with a recommended retail price of $599. This price puts it on par with similarly sized monitors from ASUS, Acer and Samsung, but the ViewSonic VX2753mh-LED claims a response time of ...
ViewSonic's VX2739wm Full HD, 27in LCD monitor is targeted towards gamers and boasts an HDMI port and built-in speakers. It is relatively inexpensive for a monitor of this size and offers reasonable image quality, but it doesn't excel in any particul...
This 30in Eizo ColorEdge CG303W monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2560x1600. While you can now get this resolution over 27-inches on Dell's UltraSharp U2711 (or Apple's 27-inch iMac), it feels more comfortable on the eyes over...
A 22in LED display that is claimed to "save on your energy bill," the ViewSonic VX2250 LCD monitor has a relatively low price tag. A Full HD resolution, its LED backlighting and decent image quality are impressive, but the lack of an HDMI input may b...
We've seen a number of very competent 18.5-19in flat-panels at below $200 in recent months. The BenQ G2222HDL aims to deliver a more comfortably sized 21.5in screen for a comparatively cheap $249 price tag.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is a 22in LCD monitor that boasts sharp image quality, an attractive bezel and an asking price that represents excellent value. With a full range of ports and connections, as well as a design that enables tilting, swivellin...
The screen uses an IPS panel (In-plane Switching) that can display colours better than most others, including Dell’s older 27-inch model the U2709W. In keeping with the current trend, the Dell UltraSharp U2711 features a 16:9 wide-screen aspect ratio...
These days you can't get the train, tram or ferry without seeing someone caressing their iPad or stroking the screen of their iPhone. Touchscreens are in vogue, and if you want your business to look like it's with "it" and is one of the hip kids inst...
Despite costing more than many workstations and being about as portable, the Wacom Cintiq 21UX is so much more than a sketchpad. It's an easel and a full set of Grumbacher paints and brushes to the iPad's 2B and a Moleskine sketchbook – it enables yo...
The BenQ V2420H is a 24in, LED-backlit LCD monitor that has a super-thin chassis. At only 15mm thick it is much slimmer than a conventional, CCFL-backlit LCD monitor. LED lighting also means the BenQ V2420H delivers better contrast than a regular mon...
You can use the BenQ M2700HD as a TV with the help of the built-in speakers and remote, and the number of input ports mean that you can hook it up to a gaming console and many other display sources simultaneously.
HP's Compaq LA2205wg is a relatively straightforward 22in LCD monitor, but its brushed aluminium highlights make it look like a premium product. Its flexible stand, glare-resistant screen and solid performance make it a decent buy.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW