ViewSonic's VX2237wm is a basic, 22in widescreen LCD monitor that has a sub-Full HD resolution. Despite the lack of wow factor, the ViewSonic VX2237wm is reasonably good value for money and possesses a stylish design.
Monitors - Reviews
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is a 23in, Full HD (1920x1080) monitor boasting HDMI input and a 16:9 aspect ratio. It also comes with a built-in TV tuner, so it's ideal for use in a bedroom or as an inexpensive secondary television.
Let's not pretend that colour management is fascinating – still, it's not as dull as having to repeatedly colour-correct your work trying to get your screen and printer to play nicely.
LED-backlit televisions are all the rage right now, and this technology is slowly trickling into the monitor space. Samsung is one of the leaders when it comes to LED TVs, so it's no surprise to see it release an impressive Full HD, LED-backlit monit...
A 25in LCD monitor with a stylish design, the HP 2509p's good looks come at the cost of efficiency. It provides reasonable image quality, but is let down by a highly reflective screen.
Looking like a small flat-screen television instead of an LCD monitor, ASUS' Designo MS246H is one of the more interesting and stylish monitors we've reviewed. With a distinctive hollow circular stand that sits behind the monitor, the 24in, Full HD D...
Dell's gamer-friendly Alienware brand is extending its reach to include monitors, and the 21.5-inch widescreen 1080p OptX AW2210 serves up a lot to like: solid image quality, accessible and comprehensive built-in menus, and an exterior design that s...
Samsung has brought the style of its previous LCD television range to its latest LCD monitors. Though lacking the LED backlighting technology seen in many of the latest televisions and bereft of an HDMI port, the 21.5in SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor p...
The Dell UltraSharp U2410 is a 24in LCD monitor with an accurate, sharp panel and a wide range of calibration options. It's a good value option for image-intensive work like graphics editing and photography that relies on accurate colours. It has a l...
According to BenQ, the V2200 Eco is the world's first 21.5in LED monitor. A similar unit to the V2400 Eco -- the smaller screen size is the main difference -- the V2200 Eco monitor is among the first LCD monitors to boast LED backlighting. Though thi...
The BenQ V2400 Eco 24in monitor is one of the first monitors to include LED backlighting, the same technology used in the latest televisions.
BenQ's E2420HD is a 24in, Full HD LCD monitor with dual HDMI ports, a 2ms response time and a stylish design.
A full HD LCD monitor boasting solid, all-round performance, ViewSonic's VG2427wm may not look the part, but it provides good image quality. Unfortunately, the decision to not include an HDMI connection may be a deal breaker for potential customers.
Dell has tapped into the current focus on the economy and the environment by producing the G2210t, a $349 22-inch monitor designed for both the wallet- and green-conscious. Dell claims the display is manufactured using recycled materials, and that it...
This attractive, well-designed 22-inch widescreen monitor offers impeccable image quality. But at $1255, it's extremely pricey, particularly when you consider that other 22-inch displays can be found for $400 or less.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD