It is rumoured that Sony plans to drop the price of its standalone Blu-Ray players by US$100 next month.
MP3 Players - News
A high-profile Warner Music executive has warned the games industry that the company is expecting a larger share of profits from the wildly popular 'rhythm' games such as Guitar Hero.
Chinese authorities have blocked Apple's iTunes Music Store, apparently because 'more than 40' athletes have listened to protest songs by bands such as Rush and Alanis Morissette.
When Intel lays out its vision for the future, the chipmaker most often focuses on new uses for its Atom processor, greater mobility and, of course, plans to develop more and more chips.
Intel and Yahoo have partnered in the development of a hardware and software platform designed to meld television and the Internet.
Victorian police have raided the Doveton home of a 65 year old man, seizing over 12,000 pirated DVDs.
Over 700 movies from a number of major film studios are now available for purchase and rental at the Australian iTunes store.
Telstra BigPond Music unveiled its new online music store today after cutting a deal with major record labels to provide their tracks on the site as MP3s. The deal also covers leading Australian independent music labels.
Apple is likely to announce a redesigned iPod Touch and slimmer MacBooks at an event in September, analysts said on Monday.
The US Second Circuit Appellate court has ruled that a DVR which stores programs on a remote server did not infringe on fair use mandates.
Mozilla is edging closer to releasing a new version of Firefox that could increase the use of open-source video software.
Dell will make entertainment more of a focus for all its consumer products, but declined to confirm a report that it will take another swing at the digital music player market.
LG Electronics plans to start adding Dolby Mobile to high-end phones later this year, it said Wednesday.
Nintendo and a group of 53 game software companies have filed a lawsuit against five companies they allege sold a device that enables copied games to be played on the Nintendo DS handheld device.
Although Apple has restored full e-mail service to about 40 percent of the subscribers who have been locked out of their accounts for more than a week, the company today acknowledged a new problem with the sync service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMENSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW