Yahoo has become the latest company to abandon customers who bought tracks from its music store encoded with DRM (digital rights management), drawing fire from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
MP3 Players - News
The UK Government, the recording and film industry, and six of the UK's biggest ISPs are collaborating to fight illegal file sharing.
Singapore Telecommunications Limited (ASX:SGT) has signed a deal with three major television studios to allow the company's mio TV service to screen over 50 US shows as little as 24 hours after their US premiere.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has launched a new on-demand Internet broadcasting service.
In the aftermath of a second quarter that saw sales fall compared to last year, Sony Ericsson on Tuesday announced three new Walkman phones.
A new kind of malicious software could pose a danger to Windows users who download music files on peer-to-peer networks.
Two Sydney men accused of being members of an alleged syndicate producing illegal pay TV cards will face court today.
Apple Monday claimed its new App Store delivered more than 10 million downloads to iPhone and iPod touch owners in the three days since its launch last Friday.
Apple patched 13 vulnerabilities in the iPhone and iPod touch last Friday, including several it had fixed in Mac OS X or the Safari Web browser as long ago as March.
The Seven Media Group has announced that Harvey Norman will have the exclusive rights to sell TiVo when it launches in Australia on July 29.
Panasonic is moving toward commercialization of OLED (organic light-emitting diode) panels and plans to put TVs with 37-inch OLED screens on sale in the next three years, according to a Japanese newspaper report.
The Seven Network will be teaming up with TiVo to offer a Personal Video Recorder to Australian customers from July.
The Australian iTunes store is now offering purchasable downloads of popular TV series to its Australian customers.
Sony and Sony Ericsson have come out on top of the latest Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, although most companies saw their scores drop due to a new ranking system based on wider criteria.
Torian Wireless, the Australian developer of the world's first universal Internet radio platform, iRoamer, has agreements with manufacturers that will see the first commercial batch of products with the iRoamer technology launched next month.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW