Nokia Australia today announced the opening of the Nokia Music Store, aiming to compete with market leader iTunes.
LimeWire, a grizzled veteran of the peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing scene, remains the most popular software for exchanging music, video and software -- much of it pirated -- through the Internet, according to a study released Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics and several other vendors at the National Association of Broadcasters show this week are demonstrating a pending mobile TV broadcasting standard that had been forecast for completion last year.
Looking to boost the Web, Sun is working on a royalty-free and open video codec and media system, company officials said Thursday.
Adobe Systems debuted a new media playing software, Adobe Media Player 1.0 (AMP) along with online programming instructional video content on how to use the company's products, it said Wednesday.
Adobe Systems debuted its new media playing software this week, Adobe Media Player 1.0 (AMP) along with online programming instructional video content on how to use the company's products.
While more IT companies are now taking significant steps toward going green, there is still a lot of work to do to protect the environment, says Greenpeace International, an environmental activist group.
Apple patched QuickTime late Wednesday to fix 11 flaws in the Mac and Windows versions of the media player. All but two of the bugs could be used by hackers to hijack users' machines.
MySpace's deal to join with three of the world's four largest music companies to create a joint service was prompted in large part by demands from many of the social network's 110 million users for the ability to download and buy music, concert ticke...
ISP first to implement 'three strikes' scheme
A new partnership will make the 150 songs found in Grand Theft Auto IV available for download from Amazon.com.
As Apple CEO Steve Jobs promised last summer, Apple has begun leveraging its dominance in the music download business by pushing the Windows version of its Safari Web browser to iTunes and QuickTime users running XP or Vista.
Harmonix gives Rock Band a major software update, plus an in-game Music Store.
Apple considers new retail pricing scheme
Apple is talking with major record labels about offering unlimited access to the iTunes music collection for a flat fee paid when purchasing a new iPod, or as a monthly subscription fee, the Financial Times reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW