Nanotechnology researchers have developed a shirt that brings new meaning to the slogan power to the people. They claim that what you wear may soon be enough to power your MP3 player.
MP3 Players - News
The most popular hours for watching network TV video online falls between noon and 2pm, and women are nearly twice as likely as men to be watching the video streams, according to a new type of study released by Nielsen Online.
Apple's latest trademark manoeuvres suggest it might be planning a variant on its iPhone or iPod aimed at the gaming market, offering fresh competition to the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP.
Continuing its push into the mobile consumer market, Microsoft announced that it plans to acquire Danger, the developer of software and services that run the Sidekick.
Yahoo's launch of its Yahoo Live site had a rocky start last week as an initial onslaught of traffic caused the experimental site, which allows users with Web cameras to stream live video of themselves, to be unavailable at times.
Two civil liberties groups have filed a lawsuit against the US Department of Homeland Security, complaining that the agency's Customs and Border Protection (CBP) division has routinely searched many US citizens' laptops and other electronic devices a...
Apple has released a security fix for its QuickTime media player software, fixing a critical bug that had been worrying security experts for nearly a month.
Sony is packing its Bravia technology into a new handheld TV it plans to put on sale in Japan in April.
Just one day after hackers showed how to exploit a number of flaws in the ActiveX software used by Internet Explorer, Symantec has spotted online criminals using one of the attacks.
Apple added new iPhone and iPod touch models to its lineup of phones and music players Tuesday by doubling the maximum amount of storage space in each to 16GB.
The researcher who last week revealed vulnerabilities in the photo uploader used by Facebook and MySpace Monday said that multiple flaws in Yahoo's music player program can be used to attack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer.
A consumer advocacy group is blasting RealNetworks for installing adware and other software without properly notifying its users.
Alienware Thursday launched the Alienware High Definition Media Server, which the company said provides 4TB of digital storage and remote Microsoft Windows-enabled connectivity to home entertainment systems.
A Food and Drug Administration-led study refutes claims that the magnetic fields produced by <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/financial/apple.html">Apple</a> iPods and other such portable music devices interfere with cardiac pacemakers.
Swedish prosecutor Hakan Roswall on Thursday filed charges against four people for involvement in running The Pirate Bay, one of the most widely used BitTorrent trackers for illegally distributed music, movies and software in the world.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW