A Taiwanese research group has developed 3D (three-dimensional) television picture technology that can be used on LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs as big as 42 inches, and believes such TVs will be on sale within two years.
MP3 Players - News
Telstra has launched a Next G phone designed to be tough enough for the Australian outback.
While it isn't yet clear what type of mobile announcement Google plans to make, it is clear what Google should do and why the company is interested in mobile services, experts say.
Software that listens to and analyzes music is driving a Sun open source project, which aims to build a music recommendation system that surpasses the systems used today by iTunes and Amazon.
After rapid growth in the last few years the LCD (liquid crystal display) market will see more steady expansion now as panel-makers work harder to differentiate their products with new technical features, according to an executive at South Korea's LG...
As the holiday shopping season approaches, Toshiba is turning up the heat on the Blu-ray Disc camp with the launch of an HD DVD recorder that can record high-definition video to regular DVDs.
AOL, which is trying to grow its online advertising business worldwide, has localised its video search site for eight countries and added two languages for its India portal, the company said this week.
The humble USB drive could soon be using a new type of memory thanks to research from the Arizona State University.
News Corp. and NBC Universal debuted their joint-venture online video service Hulu.com with a private beta, adding a new rival to Apple's iTunes and Google's YouTube services.
Hackers have released a tool that "jailbreaks" up-to-date iPhones and iPod touches, but unlike previous such software, doesn't require a Mac or PC as a middleman.
For the second time in eight days, new critical vulnerabilities that could be used to hijack machines have been fingered in the RealPlayer media player. The patched editions released last week for Windows, however, are not vulnerable to the half-doze...
The WiMAX market has had another boost this week with network equipment provider D-Link announcing it will base a range of products on Beceem's mobile WiMAX chipset.
With just over a month to go until Sony puts the world's first OLED (organic light emitting diode) television on sale, two rival display makers took the wraps off their latest OLED TV panel prototypes at an exhibition in Japan this week.
More than half of U.S. residents want the government to regulate Internet video in some way, according to a poll released this week.
Samsung Electronics announced that it has built a 64Gbit NAND flash memory chip.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW