Intel showed off six new ultramobile PCs on Monday. The PCs are designed around its Menlow chips, which will debut around the middle of next year.
MP3 Players - News
Greenpeace International, which has clashed with Apple over toxic chemicals in its products and post-sales electronics recycling, has slammed the company's iPhone, saying it includes hazardous materials that other mobile phone makers have eliminated.
The head of Universal Music Group is enlisting the support of other major record labels to launch a new music subscription service that will try to loosen Apple's grip on the online music market, according to a news report late last week.
Efforts to fight copying on the Internet were criticized in a presentation by blogger and author Cory Doctorow, a frequent critic of copyright regulations.
If you've ever wanted to travel to Paris, but just never got around to it, you can now use the Google Earth software tool and watch a sunset filmed from the top floor of the Eiffel Tower, or view video clips of other popular spots in the City of Ligh...
BitTorrent wants to shake up the way content is streamed online by taking its method for downloading large files and applying it to multimedia streaming.
MLB.com, the official Web site of Major League Baseball, is one of the high-profile destinations that Microsoft likes to trot out as a user of its new high-definition media player, Silverlight.
The 2007 Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to two researchers for their discovery of Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR), a sort of nanotechnology that enables more compact disks to be squeezed into laptops, iPods and other such devices.
A woman ordered to pay US$222,000 for downloading and sharing music files has decided to appeal the case.
Rohm is showing off at this week's Ceatec exhibition a prototype full-color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) screen that's smaller than a fingernail, yet offers resolution of 320 pixels by 240 pixels.
A company spun off from Sony is developing a line of monitors based on FED (field emission display) technology, which offers faster response times, consumes less power, and produces warmer, more realistic images than is possible with other flat-panel...
Apple updated the Windows version of QuickTime today to quash a 13-month-old bug that critics say it overlooked when it patched the media player in March.
Toshiba and Microsoft this week announced plans to launch the Advanced Interactivity Consortium to extend interactive features in HD DVD, a high-definition format, in an effort to attract more users.
Over 390 'hot' iPods collectively valued in excess of $70, 000 wholesale may be hitting the streets after a break-in this week, warn Police.
Bose has updated its home entertainment product line in time for the Christmas buying period. Included amongst them is its first new acoustic audio product in 20 years - a set of speakers designed for home PCs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA