Digital rights management (DRM) technology used in MP3s, DVDs, and most consumer software may be violating Canadian privacy laws, according to a new report.
Prince has a right to protect his copyright, but he may be doing himself a disservice in suing Internet services such as You-Tube, says the Australian Digital Alliance (ADA).
Mozilla has fixed a critical bug in the way the Firefox browser works with QuickTime media files.
Microsoft failed Monday in its bid to overturn a European Commission antitrust ruling against it, when the European Union's second highest court dismissed the company's appeal and ordered it to pay the bulk of the Commission's legal expenses.
Seven of the world's top mobile phone technology companies are backing the development of a new flash memory standard to be used in mobile phones, digital cameras and other consumer electronics devices.
A year-old bug in QuickTime that when paired with Firefox allows hackers to hijack PCs and Macs now has Mozilla scrambling for a fix, the company's chief security officer said.
Microsoft has won a patent for a digital-watermarking technology that could be used to protect the rights of content owners even when digital music is distributed without DRM protection.
Is this the final stage of refinement for the hard-drive-based media player Apple now calls the iPod Classic? Judging by the tiny changes in this sixth generation, it very well could be. This latest update is all about capacity, with the 30GB model j...
Now you don't have to dance to your favorite tunes -- your audio player can dance for you.
A hands-on look at some of the distinctive features of the iPod Nano and iPod Touch.
Apple has made headlines in the past for introducing disruptive technologies, but Wednesday's announcement of the iPod Touch could be a real sleeper.
Apple updated its iTunes music software late Wednesday to patch a critical vulnerability and add features that will only be enabled once the new iPod touch rolls out later this month.
A man from Seattle, Washington, faces as many as 29 years in prison after being charged with using the LimeWire and Soulseek P-to-P (peer-to-peer) networks to commit identity theft.
Samsung Electronics has unveiled an MP3 music player with video playback and its first high-definition player supporting the two rival movie disc formats -- Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
Philips is developing a personalized video recorder application that learns users' viewing tastes, and that could compete with TiVo.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW