Digital rights management (DRM) technology used in MP3s, DVDs, and most consumer software may be violating Canadian privacy laws, according to a new report.
MP3 Players - News
Prince has a right to protect his copyright, but he may be doing himself a disservice in suing Internet services such as You-Tube, says the Australian Digital Alliance (ADA).
Mozilla has fixed a critical bug in the way the Firefox browser works with QuickTime media files.
Microsoft failed Monday in its bid to overturn a European Commission antitrust ruling against it, when the European Union's second highest court dismissed the company's appeal and ordered it to pay the bulk of the Commission's legal expenses.
Seven of the world's top mobile phone technology companies are backing the development of a new flash memory standard to be used in mobile phones, digital cameras and other consumer electronics devices.
A year-old bug in QuickTime that when paired with Firefox allows hackers to hijack PCs and Macs now has Mozilla scrambling for a fix, the company's chief security officer said.
Microsoft has won a patent for a digital-watermarking technology that could be used to protect the rights of content owners even when digital music is distributed without DRM protection.
Is this the final stage of refinement for the hard-drive-based media player Apple now calls the iPod Classic? Judging by the tiny changes in this sixth generation, it very well could be. This latest update is all about capacity, with the 30GB model j...
Now you don't have to dance to your favorite tunes -- your audio player can dance for you.
A hands-on look at some of the distinctive features of the iPod Nano and iPod Touch.
Apple has made headlines in the past for introducing disruptive technologies, but Wednesday's announcement of the iPod Touch could be a real sleeper.
Apple updated its iTunes music software late Wednesday to patch a critical vulnerability and add features that will only be enabled once the new iPod touch rolls out later this month.
A man from Seattle, Washington, faces as many as 29 years in prison after being charged with using the LimeWire and Soulseek P-to-P (peer-to-peer) networks to commit identity theft.
Samsung Electronics has unveiled an MP3 music player with video playback and its first high-definition player supporting the two rival movie disc formats -- Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
Philips is developing a personalized video recorder application that learns users' viewing tastes, and that could compete with TiVo.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD