Apple CEO Steve Jobs Wednesday announced a total refresh of the company's iconic iPod music player line that includes the new iPod touch, a Wi-Fi device that's essentially an iPhone without the phone and sports a touch-screen interface.
MP3 Players - News
Contract negotiations between Apple and NBC Universal regarding video content in iTunes are getting nastier and staying public.
Paris-based video sharing site Dailymotion SA has landed a fresh round of funding to help it compete with U.S. rival YouTube, which has been gaining strength in Europe since it launched local versions of its service in June.
Toshiba is refreshing its line-up of Gigabeat music players with new models including one that packs built-in Wi-Fi connectivity.
Nokia has launched new multimedia phones, as well as Ovi, a music and games service that spans phones and PCs. Nokia clearly hopes to the package will leave Apple's iPhone and iTunes standing, but it might cause tension with operators.
The cofounder of a Web site that offers free streamed music from top artists said he's determined to operate his service legally despite menacing overtures from Universal Music Group.
Google has admitted it "goofed" when it hastily shut down its video sales and rental service last week, leaving users unable to play videos they had already bought. To make amends, the search engine company said it will provide credit card refunds an...
RealNetworks and MTV Networks have formed a new company that will combine their online music services and have an exclusive deal with Verizon Wireless to be the platform for its wireless music service. The companies are joining forces to compete with...
A technology mostly associated today with crackdowns on music and movie pirates could instead be used to help make multimedia content free -- and file-sharing legal.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the latest major music label to offer music downloads without copy protection.
U.S. rock band Pearl Jam is crying fowl after an AT&T webcast censored politically themed lyrics by lead singer Eddie Vedder, but the telecom giant said Thursday the editing was a mistake by a contractor.
Amazon.com has invested in an online music service, in advance of launching its own digital music store.
First there were the iPod Socks (from Apple) and then the iPod trainers (Nike). There has even been a pair of iPod pants (iBoxer), bringing new meaning to the shuffle and mini. Obviously there are a few iPod hats out there, with hidden headphones, fr...
Microsoft Corp. hasn't divulged detailed plans for the next release of its Zune music player, but a company executive last week offered hints that seem to support reports that a flash memory-based Zune and 80-gigabyte device could be in the works.
Officials in New York state asked Apple on Monday to change its iPhone design to allow consumers to replace their own batteries, just days after lawyers in Illinois filed a class-action lawsuit over the same complaint.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- TPSenior Configuration Management SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk Analyst - Major Government Client / ParramattaNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT