Wednesday's product launch of Apple's third-generation iPod Shuffle highlights the company's obsessive attention to design. The new version of Apple's most affordable digital music player arrives in a reduced color palette (with only silver and black...
Who says gadgets have to be expensive? Here are two simple and effective iPhone/audio accessories that will enhance your ownership of portable audio devices.
More bad news for fans of the "I bought it, I own it, I can do what I want with it" approach to living.
Ten years ago, everyone expected massive improvements in battery technology for laptops, mobile phones and other mobile gadgets.
Ozmo wants to be part of the latest round of Personal Area Network (PAN) technology, this time leveraging Wi-Fi.
Some stuff you can't make up. In April, Mediaweek really did report that at a Microsoft event, MSN's Gayle Troberman announced new online TV concepts. Among them: In Need of Repair, described as "a male-skewing home improvement series featuring a pai...
Judging from the blogosphere's post-EMC World buzz, EMC's recent passion for SSDs (solid state drives) is no fly-by-night affair. In fact, at the event, which I was unable to attend, EMC suggested that by 2010, SSDs could reach price parity with, and...
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates expressed his goal many years ago to put "a PC on every desktop, a PC in every home" -- all running Microsoft software, of course. He didn't mention a PC on every driveway.
I've been playing around with the new Adobe Media Player (AMP), which made its way out of Adobe Labs to receive a formal 1.0 release Wednesday. It's an interesting entry into the fast-moving market for streaming digital media, and definitely somethin...
In the IT world it is amazing how often you'll be presented with an idea that sounds good, seems reasonable and appears to fix a problem but in reality is a bad idea. I say this because a proposal that sounds good is being developed to address the "p...
Mud between Nine Inch Nails frontman, Trent Reznor, and Radiohead has begun to fly over Internet music distribution.
For electronic musicians using computer-based production software, like Cubase, FL Studio, or Ableton, VST plugins are the way to make your music sound better. VST plugins are like virtual synthesisers and effect units.
It's been almost two years since we first reported that the Beatles were digitally remastering their music catalogue in anticipation of making it available on iTunes and other digital music services.
Are plastic music CDs destined to join vinyl records as obsolete? Perhaps they already have.
Nine Inch Nails has surprised the music industry by coming out of nowhere with a new album release with a different variety of online purchasing options. The album is entitled Ghosts I-IV and is a 36-track instrumental album.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC