Given its audio cassette player heritage, Sony’s new all-digital NWZ-ZX1 shouldn't surprise onlookers with its somewhat chunky and asymmetric design. In the 35 years of Walkman history (first debuting in 1979 with the TPS-L2), the device has gone thr...
MP3 Players - Reviews
The ever-evolving iPod nano is in its seventh regeneration now, with an announcement alongside the iPhone 5 and iPod touch that promised a redesign around a new 2.5-inch widescreen display, Bluetooth, a pedometer and Lightning.
The Apple iPod touch received an update at the same time as the new iPhone 5, incorporating new hardware and features from the new phone as well as the older iPhone 4S.
It's not as popular as the iPhone 5, and it's not as exciting as the iPod touch, but the new Apple iPod nano deserves its time in the sun: it's the thinnest iPod ever, and has the largest display ever used in this particular pint-sized media player.
It may not have received the fanfare of the shiny iPhone 5, but the refreshed iPod touch is just as new.
The iPod touch is now even slimmer, at 7.2mm, comes with iOS5 and supports iCloud -- a neat way of accessing your music and Photostream from anywhere via the web. The iMessage feature now lets you send secure messages over Wi-Fi too.
The Veho Mimi Qube Wi-Fi speaker is a simple solution for distributing audio from your computer to any part of your home or office. It ships with a wireless adapter that also acts as a sound card and transmits all audio from your computer to wherever...
Razer's Ferox is a portable speaker set aimed at portable gaming systems like the DS and the PSP; it'll work with just about any device with a headphone jack though, like MP3 and portable DVD players.
The Sony XDR-C706DBP DAB+ is a bedside digital clock radio with good audio quality given its petite size and lack of stereo sound. It's considerably smaller than the $199 Sony XDR-S16DBP DAB+ digital radio, though not much cheaper at $149. We think t...
The Pure Oasis Flow is a must-have item for lovers of radio and the outdoors. It's a portable, rechargeable and weatherproof DAB+ digital radio that's also capable of playing FM radio and Internet radio stations.
Out just in time for Christmas, the Pure Evoke-1S Marshall is a digital radio that's perfect for music aficionados, aging rockers or anyone with an appreciation for Marshall Amplifiers. Furthermore, Spinal Tap fans will be tickled pink by the inclusi...
The Bush BCR26DABIP is a tabletop DAB+ digital radio that can also receive FM broadcasts and play music from your Apple iPod or Apple iPhone. It has a programmable alarm clock with a variable schedule that allows it to be set for weekdays only -- use...
The Revo Ikon is an iPod docking station with a built-in digital radio tuner, as well as built-in networking connections that allow you to receive Internet radio and stream music from your computers. It has two 15W speakers and a 3.5in touch screen i...
Pure's One Mi is a compact DAB+ digital radio with a budget price tag and acceptable sound quality.
The Grundig Roam (GPR800DAB) is a handheld digital (DAB+) and FM radio that performs relatively well, but it could use some extra features.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW