MP3Producer is an app that rips CDs to create MP3 files.
It's rare that we can call something a pig and mean it in a good way, but that's the case with the Amethyst iPig iPod Buddy: an interesting iPod dock with a bacon-based design that delivers high quality audio.
Sub-$100 in-ear headphones are often of poor quality but SoundMAGIC bucks the trend with the PL30 "professional earphones": a pair of comfortable canalphones that provide excellent sound quality at a bargain price.
Fiio is not a well-known company, but its E5 headphone amplifier is a great cut-price product. Housed in a tiny chassis, it delivers a noticeable volume and bass boost, and its battery life is gratifyingly long.
The Cygnett Unison i-XT is an iPod dock and 2.1 speaker set. Although it lacks clock, radio and equaliser functions, it provides a helpful variety of connections like S-Video out as well as remarkably good audio.
The Fiio S3 is a portable speaker that is easy to transport and it provides a welcome volume boost to the internal speakers of laptops, iPods and other MP3 players.
The Gecko Soundbase is a simple iPod dock that combines good mid and upper-range audio definition with a reasonable price and a nice design. Unfortunately, it is let down by a lack of functions and a tedious programming process.
Claiming to be more than a "bland square box that sits beside the bed", Memorex's Mi2001 Clock Radio iPod dock doesn’t do anything different from the norm. While the price is extremely competitive, at the end of the day the Mi2001 is exactly what it ...
Altec Lansing’s Expressionist FX2020 speakers have a different design to the company's other model in the Expressionist series, with a design similar to Sony’s 'floating glass' television motif. The speakers' styling sets them apart from other budget...
Not to be confused with the Orbit-MP3, Altec Lansing's orbit MP3 (IM237) is a highly portable speaker designed to share music from MP3 players and notebooks. Boasting a driver that is capable of blasting music at a reasonable volume without distortio...
Recently acquired by Logitech, Ultimate Ears has a long history of producing in-ear monitors (IEMs). It has now brought tailored Super.Fi 5 IEMs to market, providing a viable solution for mobile phones such as the iPhone. The Super.Fi 5vi boasts an i...
Samsung's YP-Q1 is a flash-based portable media player that has plenty of features at a fair price. Unfortunately, it suffers from an occasionally laggy interface and a lack of drag-and-drop functionality.
When a line-in cable and a suitable amplifier and speaker system are nowhere to be found, a dedicated iPod speaker dock comes in handy. Fitting the bill is the Mi2013 Travel speaker dock from Memorex. It's easy to use, looks good and is capable of fi...
Unlike iDrum, RjDj Album won't help you create new tracks for the dance floor and unlike Shazam, it won't identify that Wham! song. However, it does offer an innovative approach to music creation.
A third version of iZotope's popular iDrum virtual instrument application has been released for the iPhone, in the form of a Ministry of Sound Anthems edition. Little has changed at the core of the application, but the addition of new samples, loops ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW