As the U.S. Federal Communications Commission moves toward developing formal net neutrality rules, some U.S. lawmakers and telecom-related companies have told the agency that new regulations will cause more problems than they're worth.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Features
Pick up some great tech gear at bargain basement prices including a full HD camcorder, a wireless multifunction printer and a ultra-slim digital camera!
A new standard for Wi-Fi communication, 802.11n, is now official paving the way for faster, more reliable, and more efficient wireless networks. That means improvements to streaming of HD content, better performance for applications running on a Wi-F...
Sometime on Friday, at the sprawling Hyatt Regency hotel in New Brunswick, N.J., an IEEE group called the Standards Board is expected to approve the 802.11n wireless LAN standard.
As the Internet hits 40 this week, it's not difficult to look back and see the changes it's brought to the world.
In honor of the 802.11n WiFi standard getting close to arriving after wandering through the desert for 40 years, let's look at wireless. Our focus today is on helping you WiFi better, even if it means doing less WiFi.
Cheap TVs, new GPS devices and bargain Wi-Fi routers
A just released Aberdeen Group research report identifies the steps taken by best-in-class enterprise IT groups to create secure, pervasive, manageable, reliable, high-performance Wi-Fi networks.
Yes, people do still make telephone calls. They probably shouldn't, but they do. Here are five rules--some new and some of long standing--for dealing with the perils of voicemail.
Technology vendors have often been on the cutting-edge of technology innovation, but the same can't always be said of their design. Manufacturers have more often been concerned about what's inside the box, devoting less time and resources to the look...
Last week, I wrote about the possible implications of the new lineup of FCC commissioners. They certainly haven't wasted any time: On Aug. 3, the FCC launched a full-scale investigation into the decision by Apple and AT&T to reject Google's voice...
In the tech world, the inventor, originator or driving force behind a new product or technology is typically dubbed "father of the _______".
Big Brother is a little late in arriving, having been expected by 1984 at the latest. But he has shown his face twice recently in the world of mobile technology: First, in the mass removal from Amazon Kindles of George Orwell's 1984 (oh, sweet irony)...
Attackers seeking to do harm or mischief to networks work with an ever expanding arsenal of tools that sometimes seem to be the stuff of spy fiction, but they are all too real.
Save 15 per cent off TVs at JB Hi-Fi, buy a cheap small business PC or catch a deal on a budget printer
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSenior Technical LeadACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD