Plume wants to put a pod in every room of your house, with most router functions controlled by the cloud.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
The new router sports 802.11ac and 802.11ad, a built-in Plex server, 10Gbps networking, and bonded gigabit Ethernet.
On Wednesday, the Wi-Fi Alliance released a test plan for LTE-Unlicensed products, which would bring 4G cellular to unlicensed spectrum bands that Wi-Fi users depend on.
New home Wi-Fi routers have some impressive advanced features to help boost speed, range and capacity. Network World Lab Alliance member David Newman explains how beamforming and MU-MIMO technologies work in the latest Wi-Fi routers.
New wireless technology developed by researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab promises to kill the Wi-Fi password at last.
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
Broadband speeds and performance are leaving consumers disappointed with their services, according to a recent survey from the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
Apple has called for a voluntary recall of AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Europe, New Zealand and South Korea, after 12 incidents across the globe.
On paper, the RT-AC5300U looks to be the most powerful consumer router ever built.
Google is giving the ugly Wi-Fi router a makeover, with its own device the company claims is easier to use.
Soon to be TPG-owned internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has launched a new permanent installation at the Perth Arena, the iiNet Social Post.
Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
For some applications, a typical WeMo switch isn’t the solution. Belkin can’t make a switch for everything, but instead has come up with a product that hobbyists and DIY customers with electrical wiring knowledge can use to create their own home auto...
Vodafone’s latest defence against home broadband is a “Wi-Fi Cube” capable of connecting 32 devices to its 4G network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC