New home Wi-Fi routers have some impressive advanced features to help boost speed, range and capacity. Network World Lab Alliance member David Newman explains how beamforming and MU-MIMO technologies work in the latest Wi-Fi routers.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
New wireless technology developed by researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab promises to kill the Wi-Fi password at last.
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
Broadband speeds and performance are leaving consumers disappointed with their services, according to a recent survey from the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
Apple has called for a voluntary recall of AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Europe, New Zealand and South Korea, after 12 incidents across the globe.
On paper, the RT-AC5300U looks to be the most powerful consumer router ever built.
Google is giving the ugly Wi-Fi router a makeover, with its own device the company claims is easier to use.
Soon to be TPG-owned internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has launched a new permanent installation at the Perth Arena, the iiNet Social Post.
Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
For some applications, a typical WeMo switch isn’t the solution. Belkin can’t make a switch for everything, but instead has come up with a product that hobbyists and DIY customers with electrical wiring knowledge can use to create their own home auto...
Vodafone’s latest defence against home broadband is a “Wi-Fi Cube” capable of connecting 32 devices to its 4G network.
Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Belkin's Linksys division took the wraps off a host of new networking gear at CES on Sunday, including two new Wi-Fi routers, a new NAS box, two new range extenders, antenna upgrades for its existing routers, and--at long last--an open-source Wi-Fi d...
Belkin today announced that it has released more devices for its Wemo home automation system. New Smart LED Bulbs have been added that allow you to replace your existing veiling and lamp lights with new, smartphone-controllable bulbs.
Free Wi-Fi will be available at 150 Australian locations from today as Telstra begins trials of its public Wi-Fi network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC