New wireless technology developed by researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab promises to kill the Wi-Fi password at last.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
Broadband speeds and performance are leaving consumers disappointed with their services, according to a recent survey from the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
Apple has called for a voluntary recall of AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Europe, New Zealand and South Korea, after 12 incidents across the globe.
On paper, the RT-AC5300U looks to be the most powerful consumer router ever built.
Google is giving the ugly Wi-Fi router a makeover, with its own device the company claims is easier to use.
Soon to be TPG-owned internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has launched a new permanent installation at the Perth Arena, the iiNet Social Post.
Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
For some applications, a typical WeMo switch isn’t the solution. Belkin can’t make a switch for everything, but instead has come up with a product that hobbyists and DIY customers with electrical wiring knowledge can use to create their own home auto...
Vodafone’s latest defence against home broadband is a “Wi-Fi Cube” capable of connecting 32 devices to its 4G network.
Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Belkin's Linksys division took the wraps off a host of new networking gear at CES on Sunday, including two new Wi-Fi routers, a new NAS box, two new range extenders, antenna upgrades for its existing routers, and--at long last--an open-source Wi-Fi d...
Belkin today announced that it has released more devices for its Wemo home automation system. New Smart LED Bulbs have been added that allow you to replace your existing veiling and lamp lights with new, smartphone-controllable bulbs.
Free Wi-Fi will be available at 150 Australian locations from today as Telstra begins trials of its public Wi-Fi network.
Android users in Melbourne’s CBD are the most at risk sector of the community for malware threats according to a report released by F-secure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW