Android users in Melbourne’s CBD are the most at risk sector of the community for malware threats according to a report released by F-secure.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Those face-meltingly fast new 802.11ac routers might not be king of the wireless networking world for long. Samsung recently announced it's developing new 802.11ad Wi-Fi technology that can turbocharge network speeds fivefold, from today's 866Mbps p...
Sophos has conducted some interesting research around the world to find out how people are securing their wireless networks. Here are the results for Sydney.
AusRegistry, the company tasked with operating the .au domain namespace, has dropped the price of net.au domain names to $1. The promotion will run throughout the month of May, and it has been done to encourage take-up of net.au names for Australian ...
iiNet’s content delivery network (CDN) distributed 1.2 petabytes (PB) or 1228.8 terabytes (TB) of video and music data in December 2013 alone.
The early Wi-Fi standards that opened the world's eyes to wire-free networking are now holding back the newer, faster protocols that followed in their wake, Cisco Systems said.
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
Get ready for a ridiculous boost in wireless networking speed. Two camps are competing to deliver wireless components that are at least seven times faster than today's gigabit (IEEE 802.11ac) routers. By harnessing spectrum in the unlicensed 60GHz fr...
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Every modern household has a plethora of screens. We carry some with us, from the miniature sub-5-inch screens of most smartphones, to 7-to-10-inch portable tablets, and the 11-to-17-inch screens of Ultrabooks and notebooks.
Modems and routers and network cards aren’t usually the sexiest and most exciting of devices to pass through the PC World test centre. They’re generally going to be hidden under a desk or in a cupboard, so we don’t pay much attention to how they look...
Belkin’s WeMo is, in a few words, a home automation system. It works to give you Wi-Fi control over your appliances and electronics, using a plug-in connector that connects to your wall socket or powerboard, remotely switching on and off your home’s ...
Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
Hardware accessories vendor, Belkin, has agreed to buy Cisco’s Home Networking Business unit which includes the Linksys brand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT