Leading Web content providers -- including Google, Yahoo, Netflix and Microsoft -- are conducting early-stage conversations about creating a shared list of customers who can access their Web sites via IPv6, the long-anticipated upgrade to the Interne...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Huawei Technologies, a growing presence in mobile infrastructure, has been credited with driving down prices worldwide but downplayed that factor at this week's CTIA Wireless conference in Las Vegas.
When is a wireless router not just a wireless router? Belkin's answer: When it's a total pain. That's why it introduced four new 802.11n Wi-Fi routers, ranging from $50 to $130, that come with a set of applications designed to help you use your wirel...
ANAHEIM -- The Internet industry is seeing evidence that more consumers, corporations and Web sites are deploying IPv6, the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol, which is known as IPv4. But IPv6 remains a fraction o...
Microsoft plans to release a new version of its Office Communications Server (OCS) by the latter half of 2010, according to Gurdeep Singh Pall, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Unified Communications Group.
U.S. and U.K. law enforcement officials are trying to marshal support for changes that would make it more difficult for criminals to register domain names under false details.
Alcatel-Lucent's new Ultimate Wireless Packet Core is designed to let operators get a handle on the current mobile data explosion and offer subscribers more advanced services, the company said on Thursday.
Fine-grained network controls that are coming with next-generation mobile technology could make some demanding mobile applications such as video perform better but may also raise net neutrality concerns.
Telstra has launched a new service that gives Australian businesses the opportunity to communicate face-to-face via desktop video phones.
Cisco Wednesday is unveiling new Ethernet access switches and enhanced routers designed to take on more of the jobs frequently handled by separate devices, such as those dedicated to handling video traffic or ensuring network security.
'Nobody fires you if you buy Cisco' it was once said but it seems somebody should tell the corporate security sector which has deserted the giant in droves in late 2009, new figures show.
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
Laying more fiber is one way to make more efficient use of wireless spectrum, former Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin said on Wednesday.
In this installment of IDG Enterprise's "CEO Interview Series," Cisco CEO John Chambers talks with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant, Computerworld Editor-in-Chief Scot Finnie and InfoWorld.com Editor-in-Chief Eric Knorr about Cisco's changing ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCService DeskWA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC