'Nobody fires you if you buy Cisco' it was once said but it seems somebody should tell the corporate security sector which has deserted the giant in droves in late 2009, new figures show.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
Laying more fiber is one way to make more efficient use of wireless spectrum, former Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin said on Wednesday.
In this installment of IDG Enterprise's "CEO Interview Series," Cisco CEO John Chambers talks with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant, Computerworld Editor-in-Chief Scot Finnie and InfoWorld.com Editor-in-Chief Eric Knorr about Cisco's changing ...
Verizon Wireless plans to launch its first LTE-based (Long Term Evolution) wireless phone in mid-2011, three to six months after the carrier rolls out its new LTE network, according to a report.
Sixnet is introducing hardware to help corporate customers exploit the growing throughput, reach and reliability of expanding 3G cellular data networks.
Cisco Systems on Tuesday introduced its next-generation Internet core router, the CRS-3, with about three times the capacity of its current platform.
Cisco's new CRS-3 core router, which the company has boasted will "forever change the Internet," will come with 100Gbps Ethernet interfaces and 322Tbps multichassis interconnect capability.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
China Unicom, the only mobile network operator selling iPhones in China, is in talks with Apple to sell a version of the popular smartphone with Wi-Fi, something the companies could not do previously due to government regulations.
Attention has been focused on the higher speeds that will be offered by next generation LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks, but improved latency will be equally important to users, according to Nokia Siemens.
Cisco Systems will soon release a VPN client for smartphones and PCs aimed at enterprise administrators who want to provide secure access to their networks and ward off malicious software.
A telepresence system that uses a transparent screen can make meeting participants appear as if they are in the same room, without the need for 3-D glasses, vendor Digital Video Enterprises says.
The head of the global Internet addressing authority will visit China this week, according to people briefed on the matter, highlighting questions about China's Web censorship after it applied to offer domain names that end with Chinese characters.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystWA
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT