Cisco this week said it will trial a home telepresence service in the United States this spring with Verizon, and in France later this year with France Telecom.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
LG Electronics MobileComm plans to demonstrate a next-generation cellular modem that can download data at speeds up to 100M bits per second.
The concept of powering devices without wires may sound still sound awesomely sci-fi to many users. Today's near-field devices remain hampered by their short range and inefficiency.
Huawei Technologies, the fast-growing Chinese vendor of communications network gear, reached global contract sales of over $US30 billion last year, the company said Tuesday, marking a rise of nearly 30 percent from the year before.
Skype users can now make high-definition video calls as long as they have an HD webcam and sufficient bandwidth and processing power, Skype said on Tuesday. The company also announced that HDTVs will ship later this year with its Internet calling sof...
The auction of 3G spectrum and operating licenses in India will be held as planned on Jan. 14, the country's Minister of Communications and IT, A. Raja told reporters in Delhi on Monday, according to media reports.
It was a week where competition regulators danced with IT industry behemoths: the U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, while the European Commission gave approval to Microsoft's proposed browser "ballot screen" and ...
The city of Philadelphia plans to buy a controversial Wi-Fi network that was built by EarthLink in 2006 but sold only two years later as the struggling ISP pulled out of the municipal wireless business.
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) revealed this Thursday a host of new innovations to be featured its next iteration of the popular Bluetooth wireless protocol.
2009 started with a bang and ended with a bash for Cisco.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
The controversial Australian Internet filter has been given the all clear by Senator Stephen Conroy, with the federal Minister for Broadband revealing plans to enforce mandatory ISP-level filtering.
The wireless LAN industry nearly returned to its pre-recession health in the third quarter and is likely to achieve record revenue when the current quarter has been tallied, according research company Dell'Oro Group.
Dell entered the Fibre Channel over Ethernet market last week with OEM deals from Brocade and QLogic and endorsed 10Gigabit Ethernet as a customer's technology of choice.
A unified communication provider, research analyst firm and independent technology consultant all agree that cost both motivates and prohibits the use of video collaboration tools in the enterprise.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD