The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) revealed this Thursday a host of new innovations to be featured its next iteration of the popular Bluetooth wireless protocol.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
2009 started with a bang and ended with a bash for Cisco.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
The controversial Australian Internet filter has been given the all clear by Senator Stephen Conroy, with the federal Minister for Broadband revealing plans to enforce mandatory ISP-level filtering.
The wireless LAN industry nearly returned to its pre-recession health in the third quarter and is likely to achieve record revenue when the current quarter has been tallied, according research company Dell'Oro Group.
Dell entered the Fibre Channel over Ethernet market last week with OEM deals from Brocade and QLogic and endorsed 10Gigabit Ethernet as a customer's technology of choice.
A unified communication provider, research analyst firm and independent technology consultant all agree that cost both motivates and prohibits the use of video collaboration tools in the enterprise.
Google on Thursday said its enterprise search appliance will now show relevant Twitter posts alongside internal and external search results.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Cisco Systems tried to partner with major server vendors several years ago before coming out with its own blade servers earlier this year, and it's still open to a partnership with IBM, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said Tuesday.
The growing demand for online applications could push the number of mobile devices accessing the Internet past 1 billion by 2013, IDC said in a survey issued on Wednesday.
Although the wireless 802.11n standard has just recently been made official, IEEE has begun work on the next iteration of WiFi.
For US$34, a new cloud-based hacking service can crack a WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) network password in just 20 minutes, its creator says.
Wi-Fi equipment vendor Ruckus Wireless has patented a technique that appears to be widely used to improve video on wireless LANs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- Google releases stylish $199 Wi-Fi router meant to be shown off
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia