Skype users can now make high-definition video calls as long as they have an HD webcam and sufficient bandwidth and processing power, Skype said on Tuesday. The company also announced that HDTVs will ship later this year with its Internet calling sof...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
The auction of 3G spectrum and operating licenses in India will be held as planned on Jan. 14, the country's Minister of Communications and IT, A. Raja told reporters in Delhi on Monday, according to media reports.
It was a week where competition regulators danced with IT industry behemoths: the U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, while the European Commission gave approval to Microsoft's proposed browser "ballot screen" and ...
The city of Philadelphia plans to buy a controversial Wi-Fi network that was built by EarthLink in 2006 but sold only two years later as the struggling ISP pulled out of the municipal wireless business.
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) revealed this Thursday a host of new innovations to be featured its next iteration of the popular Bluetooth wireless protocol.
2009 started with a bang and ended with a bash for Cisco.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
The controversial Australian Internet filter has been given the all clear by Senator Stephen Conroy, with the federal Minister for Broadband revealing plans to enforce mandatory ISP-level filtering.
The wireless LAN industry nearly returned to its pre-recession health in the third quarter and is likely to achieve record revenue when the current quarter has been tallied, according research company Dell'Oro Group.
Dell entered the Fibre Channel over Ethernet market last week with OEM deals from Brocade and QLogic and endorsed 10Gigabit Ethernet as a customer's technology of choice.
A unified communication provider, research analyst firm and independent technology consultant all agree that cost both motivates and prohibits the use of video collaboration tools in the enterprise.
Google on Thursday said its enterprise search appliance will now show relevant Twitter posts alongside internal and external search results.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Cisco Systems tried to partner with major server vendors several years ago before coming out with its own blade servers earlier this year, and it's still open to a partnership with IBM, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia