A month ago, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission began a proceeding to create formal net neutrality rules for broadband providers, and the proposals have generated serious debate in the telecom community.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Google plans to upgrade its YouTube video streaming Web site to provide support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol.
The Ethernet switch market grew for the second consecutive quarter during the third quarter of this year, driven by continued strength in data center deployments, according to Dell’Oro Group.
A new report from a mobile security vendor details how the most popular smartphones, including the iPhone, are very vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, carried out via public Wi-Fi connections.
Cisco has raised its bid for Norwegian video conferencing vendor Tandberg to 19 billion Norwegian Kroner (US$3.4 billion), up from $3.0 billion, but says it will raise its price no further.
Cisco, EMC and VMware last week unveiled the much rumored joint venture to sell their products to companies wanting to build internal clouds. Called Acadia (for who knows what reason), the joint venture is a collaboration between the three companies ...
It started with a cup of coffee between 3Com COO Ron Sege and HP ProCurve chief Marius Haas a year ago.It ended with this week's $US2.7 billion blockbuster acquisition of 3Com by HP. In between were regular dialogue and updates, a demonstration at In...
Google is bulking up its phone offerings with the acquisition of Gizmo5, a company that offers voice-over-IP software for mobile phones and computers.
Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of networking gear vendor 3Com will unlock a major new market for the company, taking its growing rivalry with Cisco Systems to China, analysts said Thursday.
Cisco is making a concerted effort to improve the compatibility of its telepresence gear, something that industry observers say has been lagging, but that is sorely needed if it and other vendors are to succeed.
HP's news that it would lay down $US2.7 billion to acquire network switch maker 3Com not only causes industry watchers to look ahead at what could come of such a deal, but also reminds many of the IT vendor's long history of billion-dollar acquisitio...
Logitech's only video products are commodity Web cams, but that will change when the company closes a deal to buy high-definition videoconferencing vendor LifeSize Communications.
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to buy 3Com for about US$2.7 billion, pushing forward the giant IT vendor's strategy for combining computing, storage, services and networking under one roof.
A day after Microsoft plugged more than a dozen holes in its software, a security researcher unveiled a new unpatched bug in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 that, when exploited, locks up the system, requiring a total shutdown to regain control.
Wireless broadband provider Clearwire had about 173,000 WiMax subscribers at the end of September and should be able to offer service to 120 million potential subscribers in the U.S. by the end of next year, the company said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTAutomation TesterVIC