Hoping to bring holiday cheer to harried travelers, Google is footing the bill for Wi-Fi access at 47 U.S. airports through mid-January, so that people can connect free to the Internet while they wait at airline gates and other areas.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
A Miami lawyer has filed a class-action lawsuit against domain name auction site SnapNames.com, after the company announced that a former employee was bidding against potential customers in domain name auctions.
Cisco this week said is extending the acceptance period for its $US3 billion cash offer to acquire Tandberg to Nov. 18. The initial acceptance deadline was Nov. 9.
After keeping operators and users alike waiting for nearly a year, Intel has begun production of a wireless chipset, called Kilmer Peak, that will support three versions of WiMax, 2.3GHz, 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz.
The legal war over Skype has ended.
If you want to be a CEO but not have any of the real responsibilities of one, you could try to play a new online game being offered by Cisco. The company this week posted myPlanNet, a computer game that lets anyone be a broadband executive making net...
Google Apps users can expect to see significant improvements in the suite's voice- and video-chat capabilities, as the company builds on Gmail's current features in that area.
Cisco and EMC this week unveiled their anticipated collaboration, which will provide integrated products and services for customers building private cloud computing infrastructures.
Cisco Systems may be laying the groundwork for dropping its US$3 billion offer for videoconferencing vendor Tandberg despite the emphasis it has placed on video as the future of communications.
The Unity fiber-optic cable, a new trans-Pacific undersea cable partly backed by Google, has landed in Japan, marking an important step toward the launch of service.
On 28 October CSIRO scientist Dr John O’Sullivan was awarded the Prime Minster’s Prize for Science and a $300,000 grant for his achievements in astronomy and wireless technologies
A Philadelphia developer has rooted out an unfinished feature of Windows 7 that turns any laptop into a wireless access point, allowing other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share the connection without special software.
Few organizations across Europe have upgraded to IPv6, the new version of the Internet's addressing protocol, according to a survey commissioned by the European Commission.
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
Operators Clearwire International, Tatung InfoComm and VMAX have for the first time demonstrated mobile WiMax global roaming, the WiMax Forum said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA