Hardware accessories vendor, Belkin, has agreed to buy Cisco’s Home Networking Business unit which includes the Linksys brand.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
While the Wi-Fi world is rightly abuzz over the rapidly approaching large-scale deployment of the new 802.11ac standard, experts at an Interop NY panel said today that the 802.11ad standard is likely to be even more transformative.
RF’s most odd, unusual, cool, intriguing network applications for work, fashion, health and play
Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Wi-Fi chip makers are lining up to add WiGig technology to their wireless LAN products, preparing the way for tri-band equipment that can deliver multi-gigabit speeds within a room.
Apple's Bonjour and AirPlay technologies make networking with peripherals a snap for individual consumers but it poses an array of challenges on enterprise networks. Enough is enough, say a group of higher ed IT managers, who say Apple needs to make ...
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help u...
At a product briefing in Sydney today, Netgear unveiled its 802.11ac router, the R6300, which can reach a top wireless speed of 1750Mbps. Patrick Lo, the CEO and co-founder of Netgear, said that Australia is the second market behind the United States...
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Attempting to "hack" into your own wireless network can help you spot potential Wi-Fi security vulnerabilities and figure out ways to protect against them.
Fenway Park may be 100 years old this season but that doesn't mean the Boston Red Sox baseball stadium is stuck with antiquated technology.
If your business has kept pace with changes in wireless networking, you've deployed dual-band routers and client adapters that can stream encrypted data over the airwaves at speeds greater than 100 megabits per second at relatively close range.
By default, wireless routers and access points have security turned off. Without Wi-Fi security enabled, anyone nearby can leech off your wireless Internet, see where you're browsing, capture your passwords to some websites, and possibly access your ...
Buying a router for a business isn't as simple as picking a consumer product with the best ratings from an online merchant or the best price on the shelf at a local electronics superstore. Your company has serious needs, such as supporting scores of ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC