Belkin’s WeMo is, in a few words, a home automation system. It works to give you Wi-Fi control over your appliances and electronics, using a plug-in connector that connects to your wall socket or powerboard, remotely switching on and off your home’s ...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
Hardware accessories vendor, Belkin, has agreed to buy Cisco’s Home Networking Business unit which includes the Linksys brand.
While the Wi-Fi world is rightly abuzz over the rapidly approaching large-scale deployment of the new 802.11ac standard, experts at an Interop NY panel said today that the 802.11ad standard is likely to be even more transformative.
RF’s most odd, unusual, cool, intriguing network applications for work, fashion, health and play
Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Wi-Fi chip makers are lining up to add WiGig technology to their wireless LAN products, preparing the way for tri-band equipment that can deliver multi-gigabit speeds within a room.
Apple's Bonjour and AirPlay technologies make networking with peripherals a snap for individual consumers but it poses an array of challenges on enterprise networks. Enough is enough, say a group of higher ed IT managers, who say Apple needs to make ...
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help u...
At a product briefing in Sydney today, Netgear unveiled its 802.11ac router, the R6300, which can reach a top wireless speed of 1750Mbps. Patrick Lo, the CEO and co-founder of Netgear, said that Australia is the second market behind the United States...
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Attempting to "hack" into your own wireless network can help you spot potential Wi-Fi security vulnerabilities and figure out ways to protect against them.
Fenway Park may be 100 years old this season but that doesn't mean the Boston Red Sox baseball stadium is stuck with antiquated technology.
If your business has kept pace with changes in wireless networking, you've deployed dual-band routers and client adapters that can stream encrypted data over the airwaves at speeds greater than 100 megabits per second at relatively close range.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD