Researchers at MIT have developed a microchip that could enable blind people to regain some level of vision.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Cisco CEO John Chambers got a 16% raise this year, according to calculations made by the Associated Press, including a US$2 million bonus for vision and leadership.
Steve Perlman, CEO of a company called OnLive that's readying an on-demand video game service, cringes whenever Google's gmail or other high profile Web services conk out. After all, his company's bold plan is to offer streamed access to a slew of br...
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The build-out of Australia’s first 4G network has taken a step forward with the signing of Canadian company DragonWave to supply wireless backhaul for the forthcoming VividWireless Perth network.
Twitter users beware: this scam will not leave you ROFL.
Cisco Systems has released its twice-yearly set of security patches for its router firmware, fixing 12 security flaws in the products.
The PIPE Networks undersea cable system, PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), has successfully undergone tests, through the transmission of IP packets between Australia and the US, ahead of its launch next month.
Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday set a course for tighter integration of the two main components of long-haul service-provider networks, saying it will help carriers streamline their infrastructure and run it more efficiently.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
Broadband growth is still reeling from the economic downturn, but there are also tentative signs of a recovery, according to market research company Point Topic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW